Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New warning label needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kennyw, Jul 29, 2003.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

After work yesterday I jumped in my truck and drove 2 hours to meet another member. It was 105 deg day and of course my '79 has the old fash'd manual air conditioning (open all windows and vents while driving 65-70 mph)... After selling a trailer I proceeded home for the night.

The first grade I started up I had to pass a semi about 1/2 way up. While passing the cab I heard a loud noise and started to feel very wet on my back. I could not figure out what the H*LL that was, did the semi driver throw a water balloon in my window?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Looking around I notice a half empty bottle of Mt. Dew I had set on the seat beside me after it got to warm to drink (that happens fast in 105 deg heat too). It was missing the cap which I found by my seat belt. Turns out the 1 liter bottles can explode when exposed to 105 deg and shook well on a truck seat for a couple hours /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Had a sticky ride home and now I need to wash my seat cover tonight... I about stopped at the first river I saw and jumped in too.

2. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

That's pretty silly. Good thing you weren't drinking atomic cola, you don't even want to know what happens when that heats up.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I've had that happen before, but it was coke instead...

Good time to remind everybody to keep an eye on exactly what you have in your rigs... Any aerosal cans of anything, just leave 'em elsewhere... Saw a picture from the Loss Prevention department where I work of an aerosal can that decided it wanted to let go when it was in somebody's parked vehicle, blasted it's way right into the seat... I bet the owner of said vehicle was happy they were not around when it happened... So keep that crap out of vehicles in the summer, they ain't kidding about potential container bursting...

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I can understand the aersol cans going in a parked car with windows up, but didnt expect it from a 1/2 empty pop bottle that I had only bought 2 hours before...

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

what about change in altitude?

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I feel your pain, my mom and I went out to buy a baby shower gift for our friend weekend before last. We had a thing of orange soda explode in her back seat while in the mall we had bought earlier in the day... didn't get either of us, but she had about an inch of orange soda on the floor on that side (1 liter bottle).... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

well in north texas, during the summer, if you don't crack your windows, the heat with crack them for you haha