Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new wheeler

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by puck k5, Apr 18, 2004.

1. puck k5

puck k5 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifJust got my k5 9 months ago. paid 1,000 fora truck with a 2year old crate 350, new trany, bone stock. Just put on 4" lift , 4:10`s in the diffs. A detroit out back. An 35 inch mickey t claws. I,m a new member anybody know how I can get a good performance carb that is emissions legal. Truck is a 81. I only have to pass a visual here in Pa. Also i`m ready to wheel anybody close to /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifGettysburg? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I used to live in Gettysburg, now I'm in Hanover. I'm right on the edge of Hanover actually so I'm still in Adams county. As far as a carb goes get a Qjet from a junkyard and rebuild it. Click on my sig to see some wheeling action and look at our club.

3. puck k5

Where at outside of Hanover Wayne not to be nosy.I dont live exactly in Gettysburg. I live halfway between hanover and Gettysburg. About 15 minutes from both.We are probably pretty close .By the way Ticktock is closed right.I am just curios I dont want to do anything illegal.I keep hearing from guys they used to go up there.But things might have changed.I am still Working A few bugs out of my K-5.Such as the carb she really runs rich. I also need to get some necesary nickknacks.Like a battery tie down.A highlift jack .She has stock two points on the front Uknow them big old 1970`s hooks. And i have a tailhook for the reciever.Other than that she is pretty trailready .The old carb just works she is just runs rich.Do them edlebrock carbs work good /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. puck k5

Just checked your lin k for K Krawlers i might have to hook up with u guys. Seems like u guys have fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I'm about a minute from the Turkey Hill redlight on 116 in McSherriestown or however it is spelled. I was in Gburg this afternoon with the family in the K5. Where are you?

I don't think any of the local places are open anymore.

As far as carbs go, if your Qjet is still in good condition rebuild that. The Edelbrocks suck for offroad especially on the rocks.

6. puck k5

Wayne I live less than 6 minutes from you. You probably passed my house on your way to Gburg.I live right on 116. Up from MarBar tire heading towards gettysburg. Roughly 1 1/2miles outside of Bonneville on the Hanoverside .My K5 is usually parked out back with my wifes s-10 baby blazer. . . If the k5 is there im home .As far as rebuilding a carb thats beyond my skill right now . I`m still new at this. My friend helped with the lift. I guess i`ll have to get a manual or cruz this sight on tips on how to rebuild a carb. Just learnin but i`m having fun. i have not seen a K5 parked in mcsherrystown yet. I go to work that way all the time. Mine is Gray. What color is yours. You probably seen mine i go that way alot .I end up going to hanover at least once a day . Hope to see yah in the passing

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

Went by your house 2 times yesterday. I think I know exactly where you live. If you turn right at the light I mentioned above you will follow 116 down past Delone Catholic School to Myers Meat Market. At Myers it is Jefferson Street. I'm a few houses down from the corner.

8. puck k5

My house is the big blue one on the hillat the 4 way. up from MarBar tire u cant miss it .U can see it as u crest the hill.Heading to gettysburg. if you dont see it you are probably blind /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif.I also have a delapidated barn by the road. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Comming from Marbar are you on the left or right? You are on the intersection where the 2 fatel accidents were? Do you know the Hartlaubs? I think that is how Dave spells his last name. Anyhow it was his son driving the tractor that the bike went under.

10. puck k5

blue house on the right.Yes,I live on that bad intersection. I have talked to the elder hartlaub once or twice.Sadly, my wife saw the accident whethat guy hit the tractor with the motorcycle.She heard the initial impact came outside to see what was wrong.She saw when the van came up over the hill after the cycle hit the tractor. The hartlaub boy had already backed the tractor up.But the van did not see the motocycle rider. She unfortunatly saw when the van hit the rider and basically dragged him a good distance. I was at work at the time i work nights.She called me at work. I tell u what she was pretty shook up for a while. There is no way .Me or my boys will never be allowed to owm a motorcycle thats for sure .

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I work with Dave at Schindler. We were just talking about the wreck a few weeks ago. I also work nights.

12. puck k5

I work at Sheridan press. I work all night long 12 hour shifts 4pm-4am. Luckily only got to do 3-4 nights a week but those nights are really long let me tell you.Though lately we have been so darn busy I have been working sometimes 5 or 6 nights a week. I dont know about you but on my days off its hard for me to sleep that is why alot of my replys are timed like 1-3 in the morning.Alot of my friends at sheridan are into lifted trucks or wheeling Thats how i got hooked.I took my pickup wheeling once with them .A 1991 z-71.I know IFS is not as good as solid axle but thats all I had at the time.My truck was my DD but the tranny took a puke coming home from the cabin upstate.The truck got me home but she no longer has OD or third gear.I just had bought my wife her baby blazer at the time ,which i got for her because she kept taking my truck when ever it snowed she got her z-24 stuck in our driveway twice.Well any way back to my story.When i came back from the mountains she was not happy when i told her that my tranny died.She told me that there was no way that she was going long with out her "baby".I knew this guy at work was selling the K5.So i told her that i`ll buy the k5 drive it while i save up for the tranny for the truck,money was short at the time.The guy that was selling the truck was a friend so he left me give him alittle at a time for it .He knew i was good for it.Another twist to all this is that if one of our trucks breaks down we have a third 4wd.That way my wife never has to be without her "baby" an i have a toy to go wheeling inwithout breaking my DD.Everyone is happy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.So now i did my first mods to the K5 and i am just waiting for a tranny for my pickup.Should hopefully have it running in a week or two.But i tell you what i fell in love with the versatillity of the K5.It has done everything i have asked it to do with no problem,carry almost as much as my pickup, but still plenty of room for my whole family.Was planning on lifting the truck ,but glad i didn`t colud not have taken everyone wheeling then /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I work from 11pm to 7:30am. Unless I work the weekend on Friday when I get off I usually stay up all day and I'm ready to crash Friday night. The worst day is from Sunday to Monday. I get up Sunday morning and usually don't go to bed untill Monday morning at around 11am. Today was the first day this week I got over 4 and a 1/2 hours sleep. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I love the K5's too. Hopefully I'll be able to get it out on the trails more.

14. puck k5

I hope to get out soon to . I`m chomping at the bit to try this truck out .But work is crazy right now and I still want to do somethings before i take her out .I`m looking at maybe late May until i can do any sort of wheeling i`ll have to joinup with you crawlers. I am not familier with any of the local spots.We will have to get togethar an talk in person sometime soon this forum is cool and all, but it is not like we live that far away. a friend of mine just bought himself a Bronco /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. We have a friendly rivalry of sorts.He is a die hard Ford guy and I am of course a Chevy man.You can imagine the ribbing.When he gets the old horse in shape.We plan on doing wheeling some where together.I plan on bringing an extra tow strap or 2.I`ll probably wear them out extracting him all day. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif