Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Window Weatherstriping, where to get it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sled_dog, Jan 9, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My back windows weatherstripping is done as well as my driver and passenger door windows. Where can I get new striping? My tailgate gets water in it, I can see it leaking out the bottom of the inspection panel sometimes so I know its builds up in there.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Door you might still be able to get from GM. (which I will almost always recommend over aftermarket)

Tailgate, well, don't buy it from LMC unless they've fixed the problems with it, although I'd bet that all of it is made by the same company aftermarket right now, just sold by LMC, Cheyenne, etc.

3. will89

will89 1/2 ton status

I got both pieces (outer feltswipes) from LMC truck. They were about the same as dealers in my area. On some parts the dealer is cheaper...some LMC is cheaper.

4. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

chevyduty.com has them but they probably come from the same place that LMC gets them from. Not sure about pricing tho. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I got all my weatherstripping for my last 87 from JC whitney. same aftermarket Quality as LMC only a little cheaper. I would go GM if you can still get it.

6. JakeInAZ

JakeInAZ Registered Member

www.paddockparts.com, www.golden-state-parts.com......those were the cheapest OEM makers that I've found and both will send you a free catalog for YOUR specific truck with EVERY part you could EVER need from weatherstripping to door clips to factory radio knobs.....give them a shot

7. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

I just bought a new outer gate window seal from my dealer last week so they should have it. It was around $25.