Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New word: Pneumothorax

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

A pneumothorax is the air space that is left when a portion of your lung collapses. Like when you break 2 ribs and they puncture your lung after falling off the roof. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yes, it hurts. But I can't complain, the Good Lord kept me from landing on my son who was playing right below me. That was the scary part.

It was my own fault, dangit. I was just in too much of a hurry and not paying attention. But I think I got off pretty easy!

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

wow that sucks. hope u get well soon

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

And that makes 3, if I didn't miss one. Thanks for completeing the cycle, Goober. Now the rest of us can all breate a bit easier knowing that the 3rd has had his accident. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Glad it wasn't worse, hope you heal quick. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I gots two werds for ya: Damn!

get better soon man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gifFalling is not the painful part , it's the sudden stop at the bottom...? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif At this point I wouldn't have felt a thing,I hope you feel alot better and if you have any good drugs latr let me know....? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So... how is that pronounced?

7. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So... how is that pronounced?

[/ QUOTE ]

new-mow-thor-ax /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Dang...I've fallen off of many things, including a roof or two, and the worst was off the top of 5 frames of scaffolding (backwards...) Never had more than the wind knocked out of me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I have busted a couple ribs in a wreck about 20 years ago and that's the kind of pain you don't soon forget!

Hope ya heal up quick Goober!!

Rene

9. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Lucky you didn't need a chest tube. Then you'd be teaching us the word thoracentesis. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Glad to hear you're alright.

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

ouch. Atleast you didnt do something realy stupid like jump out of your tree house onto your jumbo trampoline and impale yourself on the fence acrost the yard /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    well hiope you heal quick /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lucky you didn't need a chest tube. Then you'd be teaching us the word thoracentesis. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Glad to hear you're alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Went in for another chest x-ray today to make sure it wasn't getting worse. If it was then they would have used a tube but, thankfully, it was getting smaller.

Now, it really doesn't hurt much ......... unless I breath. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just wait until you have to sneeze... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I couldn't sleep for the first 5 days, every little movement would wake me up. I got stuck in a recliner the second day, I couldn't get up without major agony...

The worst part was I broke the same two ribs 6 weeks later horsing around in the backyard with a friend... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene