Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new world trade center this is not a joke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Oct 14, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yea that's ugly... Good ideas, but a pretty ugly tower...

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'm not to keen on the outcome nether... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Awww...come on now! They can do better than that! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Is the memories of all the people worth looking at something like that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well I like it. The reflecting pools in the footprints of the towers, the way the spire uses the edges of the towers as it's base, it's cool. Very distictive though, I can see why some would not like it. </font color>

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I also like it. I think it's a kewl design.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I kinda like it. I like how it will have the same facade as the old towers and reserve most of the space as memorial. I hate space-age freaky looking stuff, but I think that looks neat.

Don't forget, this is just a concept, not the final design.

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

no one liked the original towers when they were first built. keeping with tradition is what it's all about.

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    no one liked the original towers when they were first built. keeping with tradition is what it's all about.

[/ QUOTE ] i agree, i think that pos is oooogly, and id hate to buried under that! it is a great target though, god forbid, but its skinny enough it would be hard to hit. i think we should build a giant jack@$$ and call it Bin Flogg'n.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I like it. It's new and the design looks to be ahead of it's time. I like some of the unique features like the sun shining on a prism every 9/11 that will illuminate the Hall of Heros. Also, I like the South view. Hmmmm 4 shorter buildings with the tower placed directly in the middle...kinda looks like we're flipping a HUGE bird to the world. The new American(FU-Q)Spirit Tower! I LIKE IT!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    like the sun shining on a prism every 9/11 that will illuminate the Hall of Heros.

[/ QUOTE ]
    im not sure how i like the building but i do like the sun shining prism thing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

It reminds me of that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, when the light shines through the staff on the layout of the city and pinpoints the location of the Ark. Think of that on a HUGE scale. The whole top of a tower illuminating 1000's of square feet onthe ground for a whole day! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That'll be something to see for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'd take a trip out there just to see that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yep, the building looks a bit on the wild side and looks to have borrowed some elements from the Eiffle Tower and the Space Needle, but I think when the top of it lights up, it'll be a pretty damn cool thing to see. I'll bet they can even see it from space! A universal flashlight! LOL!!