Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEW Yahoo!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tiger9297, Jan 11, 2007.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Last week my Yahoo! updated to the new version and it sucks bad. Every time I click on my "favorites" and click a website it takes me to "Yahoo! groups", "Yahoo! jobs", etc. If I click on the link a second time it will take me to the actual site. This among a number of other things makes me want the old back. I have heard that you can switch back. Anyone know how to do this?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

X2, it got me as well...

3. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try doing a "system restore" on your computer if you have Windows XP. You get to it under "accessories" in the Start bar. I use it anytime a program shows up that I didn't download and it usually works, just pick a restore point before you noticed the update and run it...

But if it's Yahoo!s software the system restore might not have any effect on it.

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I found it on my computer but I'm an idiot when it comes to computers so I'm kind of afraid to try that. I use a couple of other programs for work. Would it do anything to these programs?

5. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

You should not have to do a system restore. just go to yahoo's website and get the older version.:doah:

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

How do you do that? My home page is Yahoo. Is there something there that will allow me to do it?

7. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I do system restores quite often on my older computer, it only takes about 5 minutes longer than a normal restart and it only deletes programs added AFTER the restore point that you choose. If you have programs that have been in your computer for awhile they will NOT be affected if they were installed BEFORE the restore point.

System Restore also does NOT delete photos, files, etc in ANY case. It just restores settings and removes unwanted programs.

I'm not talking about a complete system re-install, THAT would remove EVERYTHING. System Restore is a quick and easy way to remove many kinds of Spyware, etc. that pop up on your computer.

I use it at least twice a month on my 2001 Dell Dimension and it's a godsend. I don't have any unwanted spyware and I don't run any firewall software either on that computer. Never have.

But back to the Yahoo! thing, it might work, it might not; but it's so easy it's worth a shot...

8. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

what does your yahoo page look like? Is it like a silverish backgroung with a bunch of links on the left and your log in stuff on the top right? If so that is the new Yahoo there is no older version anymore.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Dood just right click on the tool bar and uncheck yahoo...Mines back to normal...