Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Years Eve Slab Run

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by BlazerGuy, Dec 29, 2003.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Anyone wanna go to the Slab on New Years Eve? Probably just heading out there Wednesday afternoon and camping at Eagle Rock. I wanna go since I got sick Saturday morning and missed the Slab run(after bustin my ass fer 2 days on the K5)...

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

How was the slab run? who all went? And hello Corby.. how long are you back for?

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

micah and i went. prescott rode with micah and justin rode with me. you really missed out...we had a blast. maybe micah can post up some pics.

4. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

If only I had tires I would go. I still don't have the 60F under it but that could be done in a few hours (Thanks Russell). Saturday was a blast (thanks again Russell). There are several people going out there on the 31st. I am sure you will have a blast.

Justin

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Charles, well I haven't even left yet! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I decided to go to school for a semester so I could go in as an E2 and get some college under my belt, so my new date is May 17. Damn if I had gone in on my original ship date(October 14) I would be finished with boot camp in one week! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Oh well, this way I get to go 'wheelin' some more... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Semper Fi! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Congrat's on joining the Military Corby... but the "Jarheads"!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    I wish you the best of luck and thank you in advance for serving our country. Now is a good time to be in the Military..as it is JOB SECURITY !!!.
    If I can give you any piece of advice, this will help you through your time in..
    1. Don't volunteer for anything if the drill seargent asks .. wait til the very end of Basic and AIT.. Volunteer at the end of schooling, because they are looking to send you to specialized schools.. like Airborne or Air Assault.. or Dog Handling school.
    2. Keep your head out of your fifth point of contact (your arse).. hehehe.
    Good luck to you Corby.. I'm proud of ya..

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the encouragement! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif For the past couple of weeks it seems that I've been getting negative feedback from everyone. From "Your throwing your life away!" to "Why on earth would you even consider joining the service" and my favorite: "Don't you know you could go to war??" Ironically all negative comments came from people who weren't in the service and every single person who is or was in the military has backed my decision 100%. Go figure. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Not to mention everyone wants to inform me that they're going to cut off my ponytail. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh well, Semper Fi!

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Just hang in their Corby.. stick to your gun's .. I don't think you'll regret it.

And you "MIGHT" want to consider removing your ponytail before you get to bootcamp... the barbers.. and even the Drill Sergants will make an example out of you...
    Guess that's even more advice.
    We should have another K5 Austin area get together for ya before you leave... whatcha think?

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What, you mean I won't be able to get a waiver for my ponytail? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll sure as hell look different with a shaved head and the Buddy Holly glasses... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...anyway definately want to get together with everyone before I go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif