Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Years in San Angelo!!!

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by blk87K5, Nov 2, 2004.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Ok peeps, we finally got the dates nailed down, temporarily. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It looks as though we will be going to San Angelo New Years Eve weekend, Dec. 31-Jan. 1. We will probably head down there on the 30th and leave on the 2nd. Either of those days might contain a small amount of wheeling/drinking.

Anyone is welcome to come, as there will be trails available for all rigs. That comes with a disclaimer though. If anyone comes in a rig that is not mildly built (33's and one locker) and either doesnt know the area or cant drive very well, there will not be babysitters (trail guides) to hold your hand. It will be kind of a follow the leader type run. No one is going to get in a hurry as well all have rock lights and coolers. People will be expected to behave themselves, carry out everything that they carry in, and stay up with the group. Tow hooks front and rear, battery tie downs, CB radios, and a fire extinguisher are must haves or we will leave your a$$ in the middle of no where.

There also *might* be a few hill climbs that havent been ran that we decide to tackle. If anyone runs these cleanly, they may recieve a small prize (i.e. t-shirt or coozie) from a vendor.

All that BS being said, lets all go down and have a good time.

Now, who is going? I need to get a rough guestimate on numbers.

I already have these people:

LKJR
    4x4Freak
    Marty
    apeters89
    ShaggyGTO
    Bullet
    fourwheelerjeff you need to come
    YYYJ
    XJcherokee
    CUBoulderJeep
    W. TX K5

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Just curious, but do you know if the Concho Valley 4wd club is going to be making there New Yeras run at that same time? That's when I went down there 2 years ago. I severely doubt there won't be a problem if there are both events going on, just a casual observation.

Looks like we (my Dad and I) have a dealine to meet and I need to get off my deadbeat butt and get to work. My dad and I are hanging the new door on the Jimmy this weekend. We need to find out what's leaking in the WTO steering ram also.

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I wasnt aware of a new years run, but we might have to move the date back a day or two anyways for some of the houston people to get in from town.

Edit: There is a run scheduled for that time w/ the COncho folks. Considering that we are all for the most part college students who have nothing better to do than wheel, we will probably wheel with the Concho peeps through their run, then stay and wheel with the H-town peeps when they get to San Angelo.

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

If it's the same kind of run I went on, it will just be an afternoon run and its pretty much open to everyone, they won't care too much. They are real nice people, and I'm sure Toby Harrel will put on a good show too. I wonder if he still has his big orange blazer, I haven't seen or heard much about it after his endo in the Hot Tub at Moab.

BTW, what's your specs on your one-seater? Do you have any pics? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, talked to Matt today, they certainly dont care if we come out and encouraged as many people to come as possible. Toby still has the K5 and has been rebuilding it since the roll.

Let me see if I can get a few pics to work. I dont have any pics of it yet that are any good as it has not left my garage.

Campbell single seat.

1.5" tubing of various wall thickness

~50" wide at drivers seat, its not a moon buggy, but comfortable

350 Vortec, ported and polished

TH 350

Atlas II 3.8

D60 front: 4.10 gears, detroit, Crane knuckles and soon to be center section, alum. West TX Off Road tie rod, full hydro, high steer

14 bolt: 4.10 gears, discs, detroit

High Angle driveshafts, but I didnt get on the shirt either.

Pro Comp 37x13.5x18 X-terrains on 18x9" Pro Comp extreme wheels bead locked by Goudy. Blinb bling biotch!!

Alum. links front and rear, Air shocks, cutting brakes, kirkey muey uncomfortable seat, 4 pt harness, front and rear winches, various other buggy junk

Yep, the pic below is huge. Eat me.
    [​IMG]

On the right:

[​IMG]

It doesnt have the wing and will be on Pro Comps. Enough of my hi-jacking my own thread with babbling about my buggy. Want to try and keep this one on track.

The other comp rig coming is the black TJ buggy thing on air shocks in the Twistability videos.

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

WOW! That buggy is awesome! Very /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

I wanna see this buggy in action

Ok, let's get back on topic...

I saw the list earlier, but is anyone else here planning on going yet?

7. westtexask5

westtexask5 Registered Member

Im in if I can get my new tranny and transfer case together by then. All I have left to do is the SYE on the 205 and get some driveshafts. BTW do you still have the other small bracket from the Steering box brace?

8. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone else?

9. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    fourwheelerjeff you need to come

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i will see what i can do; either bring the cherokee or the k5.

both would be cool /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Everybody gettin their sh!t put together?

As usual, I haven't even started on mine. I'm sure I'll wait until the night before and weld all night. Pro Comp needs to hurry the **** up with my tires. I can't wait for that pallet of bling to land on my door step.

LKJR, Bullet, hows it coming along?

11. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Let's just say the progess on the Jimmy is like a scene from King of the Hill in the alley...

"Yup...Yup...YYYYeah..."

Not so much has been done yet, I need Thanksgiving break and Christmas break to get things done. My weekends have been full of swim meets and target practice with my Glock.

12. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Well I finally found time to get a little progress on the rear suspension/axle in mine. Started getting the front put back together too now that I have the CTM's. BTW, dont ever try to paint metal with marking paint, it doesnt work too well...

13. westtexask5

well i finally got the TH400 ready for install but we are having some issues with the transfercase....more broken parts. But it will be ready in time....crossing fingers /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

14. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

15. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

HAHA!

If I make it down to the twin buttes will you be doing that dance again?

16. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Well, that's me and if I get that drunk again, anything could happen.

BTW homies, were stayin at the Motel 6.

17. westtexask5

cool so we meet on the 30th or 31st? either is fine just want to make sure......maybe a dumb question but is San Angelo a wet or dry county? Got to have supplies you know