Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New years off road trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jemaddux, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Jemaddux

Jemaddux Registered Member

So my buddy and I were talking this weekend and decided for New Years we were going to go offroading. We figured we would go back out to Redrock Canyon and have so fun. So who would be into going out also?? Make a big truck party out of it. :D :D :D :D

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If weather permits (think blizzard) my club sometimes does a "hangover run" on local property. Not anywhere near you though. :p:

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wheres redrock?

4. Jemaddux

Jemaddux Registered Member

Its about thirty miles north of Mojave, CA. Its a off highway use area with a lot of different runs to go play on. Camp ground has like 50 spots. :D :D :D

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Damn Southern California people :mad: :D

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

C'mon down!

The greater Redrock area is also known by parts of it called Jawbone Canyon, Dove Springs OHV area, Nightmare Gulch, and the El Paso Mtns. It's also just north of the whole California City off roading area. Nightmare is the most extreme trail out there, and while a challenge I wouldn't put it on the same page as any of the Hammers. Which I think is a good thing. The trail up to McIver's Cabin might be interesting if there's ice on the ground.
    Burro Schimdt's Tunnel is in the El Pasos. Bet a google will turn up that story and it's worth finding.

The Friends of Jawbone map is well worth the $2 and it has a lot of cool places located on it.

Several friend's are talking an off roading - camping - shooting trip on NY's. We'll need to find a place a bit more remote as one friend want's to try out long ranges with his .50 BMG Barret. I'm guessing the 6.2 block reserved as a target doesn't stand a chance.