Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Years Wheeling Trip - So Cal boys

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by kpanza, Dec 4, 2001.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I threw this up on the other board, but anyone interested in doing a trip that weekend?? Should be a 4 day weekend for most of us. Throw some ideas out there if you are interested!!

Keith

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I might be going to Pismo Beach just to check it out. I'm looking at sometime in the first week of January. I don't think there's any rocks out there for you. Do you still have any of those lights?

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I am actually thinking of going to Big Bear area for New Years. Should be some good snow to play in.

We only have one each of those lights left. Our supplier now tells me that he doesn't have any more of them, that someone came in and bought the rest of his supply. [​IMG] One of these days I am going to go by that warehouse and see what all crap he has in there!!

4. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

Southern cali here it is.Reso run 2001. New Years weekend run. December 28-29-30. It will be held at Glen Helen National Park. Pre-Registration for show is 40 bux thereafter 50bux, 10 for each additional person in your vehicle. Glen Helen is located where the 215,10,&amp;15 highways meet exit is off of the 15 exit Glen helen parkway. It is pretty close probably 1 1/2 hrs from L.A.

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Um, Glen Helen is a race track not a National Park. The only wheeling I know of there is motocross or quad's. Do you have an actual flier for this? Is there a phone number where you can call and get more info?

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

6. Esteban86K5

Sinch, I don't know how to break this to you, but the Reso run is a Minitruckin Magazine event. As in Lowriders. I looked it up and this is what I found. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.minitruckinweb.com/archives/events/0901_events02.shtml>Reso Run</a> It's held at the Glen Helen Pavilion. Sorry dude.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

7. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

yes i do have the flier here with me. mini truckin? u serious man? and yes its listed as a national park. The info line is 909-590-0785. I guess Mr. Sinchphoto is gonna be looking for something else to do that weekend :(

8. baby blue

baby blue Registered Member

hey keith whats up man?im up for a trip .i got the motor out of my truck right now .building a 355 with 9.75 to 1 compr,vortec heads and a comp cams 4x4 cam,350 plus horsepower. soon it will be done,talk to you later?

babey blue

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Damn Matt, that sounds sweet! Wanna take mine out while you're at it and do the same?? ha,ha Ok, well if no one is gonna do anything for New Years, and I do go to Big Bear, maybe we can get a smaller run set up. I know that Lynn said he up for some trails up there, so we will see.

10. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

I might be able to make a one day run in the Big Bear area that weekend. You may not know me by my user name but I was driving the red Blazer on the Gorman run a couple of weeks ago

11. Esteban86K5

Hey Tom, glad to see that you made it on the board. just wanted to say hey and welcome to the board and your first post. it only gets addicting from here.[​IMG][​IMG]

12. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Cool, I will let everyone know if I make it up there that weekend. As of right now the good trails are still doable...they only have like 6 inches of snow, if that...and weather patterns look dry after tomorrow all the way past New Years...

13. Headbanger

Is anyone from the GORMAN run going to do a trip report. I would really like to see some of the pictures from that trip? Also, the Holcomb Creek Trail might be a good one to do with snow on it.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Headbanger on 12/14/01 02:04 PM.</FONT></P>

14. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I am pretty sure that I will be going up to Big Bear for New Year's Weekend, so I would probably be up for a Holcomb Creek run or something like that. I will let you know if I am definitely going as we get closer...we can all meet someplace up there...

15. Headbanger

Hopefully I can swing that trip. Just realized my drivers seat is starting to fall through the floorboard. If I can get it welded and reinforced by then, I'll be there. Are you camping that weekend or staying in a cabin?

16. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

We will be staying at our family cabin up in Green Valley Lake. Hoping to do some fishing that weekend also, brave the elements. My passenger seat has a crack starting around one of the bolt holes, need to get that fixed also...am thinking about swapping in some Super Seats and connecting the seat frames to my roll cage...I also want to take out the rear bench seat and install Super Seat buckets back there, but I hate the idea of not being able to fold up the seats for more cargo room when going camping, etc.

17. Headbanger

Yeh, I could use some new seats myself. Just can't find any I really like. I'll keep you posted on my progress, we're supposed to work on my floorboard this Sat. Have you had any other bites on this trip?

18. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Haven't had too many confirmations...looks like me and my brothers, maybe Matt, a buddy of ours who lives in Big Bear who has a sweet fullsize Jeep Cherokee, maybe my buddy Steve with the big Ford, and maybe Ryan with his TJ...probably be a smaller group if any.

Let's see if anyone else wants to go by then...

19. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I think i'll be too busy installing all this cool stuff i got from ORD, oh yeah, and that DOUBLER i picked up a few weeks back. So If i can do it i'll let you know, but i think the odds are against me.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

20. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Keith, put me down as a maybe. My Blazer isnt running to well these days, i need to slap on a new carb, as things get closer I let you know. At this point im open ;)