Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Years Wheeling Trip - So Cal K5ers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Dec 4, 2001.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone is interested in doing something. New Years Eve is on a Monday, so if you plan it right, hopefully you can have a nice 4 day weekend out of it!! I was wondering if you all had plans already or wanted to try to plan a trip somewhere? Does anyone know of any organized runs going on? Anyone know if Los Coyotes is still open??

Throw out ideas if you got em!

Keith

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I'm headed for Pismo Beach from Dec 26 till the 1st. Bring them rockcrawlers and see how they do in the sand!!

ken

3. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Ken..... Hey....... i'll be in Pismo then as well....... Hell.... im there right now..... [​IMG] I live there.... !!!! I'll look for ya... what are you gonna drive ???
    TORI

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

tori, I will be there in my crewcab dually on 42s with a huge Lance cabover camper. The truck is red, and the camper is mostly white, but with red and gray stripes. We usually camp on the beach just north of where the open riding area opens up back to the dunes...milemarker 3 or 4? We will be riding quads and I may bring my Jeep with paddles (if I can get it fixed in time!). Also, may have the wife's '90 Suburban there, white, 6" lift on 35" Mud TAs on Welds. Look us up!!

ken

5. Boscolingus

Boscolingus 1/2 ton status

I'd love to make it but unfortunately my truck still isn't together ( any body have an NP 241? ) insteal I'll be out in California City tearing it up on dirt bikes

Got my 91 K5 back after 2 years - and man I need parts - BAD!!!!

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

If my truck isn't up on jackstands I'll be up for doing something.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

7. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Anyone else interested? I just got the 31st off, so I can party all four days!! [​IMG] They still don't have much snow at all up in Big Bear, so as of right now the cool trails (john Bull, Deep Creek, etc) are still doable. Will have to watch the snow though...was also thinking about maybe a desert location? Anza Borrego? Truckhaven??

8. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

boy do I know of a run near SOCAL. Theres a truck run going on somewhere towards palm springs. I believe its where the 10&amp;15 fwy meet. Im trying to obtain credentials to shoot that run, This run is huge and has coverage from about 4-5 well known magazines. Camping is available. I'll look for my flier tomorrow. I have buddies leaving friday&amp;saturday so I'll be somewhere in that crowd.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by sinchphoto on 12/06/01 09:39 PM.</FONT></P>

9. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The 10 and the 15 would be Ontario. Find out what is going on and let us know. That sounds close enough to just make it a one dayer for me.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes, please tell us! The 10/15 interchange is nowhere near Palm Springs, but no matter, either one would work for me. It's been in magazines before? Hmmm, maybe I'll look through my stack tonight...thanks for the tip and please let us know ASAP!!

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok, looks like my brother might have a few of his "Bronco buddies" coming up for wheeling around New Years up in Big Bear! I can't wait! I will be schooling those little guys!! [​IMG] I guess Preston warned them that his brother always shows up with his big Blazer and always has a bunch of other Blazers come out - I guess they wanted to try to challenge us! he,he Bring it on Ford Boy! [​IMG] Sounds like these things are pretty wimpy, the most they have is limited slips, and one guys claims that he "never needs lockers"?? Yeah, most people can make it into the driveway without lockers moron! [​IMG]

Anyways, hope some of you can come up and do some wheeling that weekend...looks like I will definitely be in the Big bear area most of the weekend. Won't be wheeling all weekend, but will definitely pick a day if people want to meet.

12. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I will home by then, so I will see you all there.

<font color=red>....But I thought that sound was normal....!</font color=red>

13. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok, looks like most of the Ford Bronco boys flaked out, but we are still going. Looks like it would probably be wheeling day on Sunday, Dec 30th. We are heading up Saturday morning. Hopefully anyone who is going will respond to this by Friday at the latest, as we don't have any internet up there at the cabin. If you need to get a hold of me up there it is (909) 867-3112. Probably be wheeling up by Big Bear, maybe Holcomb Creek or something, we'll see...

14. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I might be able to go...
    I need to see when my soft top comes in because it would be cold up there with no roof (and I refuse to put that stupid hard top back on[​IMG])

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

15. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it would be pretty cold with no top up there! [​IMG]

16. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Well, it looks like Mike (blazen91) is going now, but we will probably have a small group. I know for sure it will be me, my brother's Bronco, Lynn with his Cherokee Chief and now Mike...anyone else going to commit? Looks like we will be on for Sunday...and I think we will most likely be doing Holcomb Creek trail (3N93)...Lynn also wants to go to Lightning Peak, so we will see.

Check above for my cabin number if you need to reach me Saturday night...

17. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok, just wanted to check to see if anyone else plans on making it...the plan is to go on Sunday (30th), and looks like we will meet at the Ultramar station in Arrowbear again. I think we will probably meet between 8 and 9, as soon as we decide I will let you know. Call me at the cabin Saturday if you need directions or want to meet at a different time or something - (909) 867-3112

My buddy Lynn had fun on Lightning Peak trail two days ago, he said he got stuck good at the top, there was over 2 feet of snow up top there! Of course, that is up at 9,000 feet, so there is way more snow there than the rest of the valley...but it should be fun to try Holcomb Creek or something...