Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new Yella paint pics

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, May 17, 2003.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all - I posted a paint question or two awhile back -- I finally got what little body work I needed/planned to do completed - sprayed new yellow paint -- got all the stuff I'd taken off put back on (I'm still waiting for a pair of Ford mirrors - and haven't done the emblems yet) For the color -I went to a paint store picked a chysler/dodge color - I've since got a pic next to a Dodge Ram truck I think is the same color. I'm pretty pleased with the out come - there are a few runs, drips and errors - I could/might color sand and buff these out or I might just drive it like it is /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

It sure gets allot of more attention - from thumbs up's to nice truck's -- gotta love driving a topless first gen.

Here's a URL to my Yahoo pic page:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/rrenthome/lst?.dir=/Blazerpics&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

I don't know for sure how to post pics here.

2. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

Paint looks great, what brand of paint did you go with, and do you have the part number ,code for the paint.I like that yellow better than mine.Did you apply a clear coat ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

looks nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

another yellow first gen......I'm still putting mine back together, I took all the chrome off and painted it black

[​IMG]

6. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

ccox7 -- I got the paint from a local auto parts store here in Round Rock, Texas - for years it was called Rick's Auto Parts and carried paint/supplies -- it is now a Car Quest. Paint is a Dupont Product - Nason Ful-cryl II acrylic enamel. Label states: Car: Chrysler - Code: PY3 -Year: 1998 - color: yellow clearcoat. The girl who mixed it told me to bring back the can (for additional paint) as she changed the formula just a bit. The exact mix is on a label on the can. I just mixed it with a hardner, thinned it and sprayed it on - no clear coat. I'm going to get a new tailgate and if I can swing the big bucks a firberglass cowl hood - so I'll be painting those to match. I bought a HVLP gun from someone here on the forum -- should be here anytime - so I'm going to practice with it and use it on the tailgate and hood.

TONYP - get that yellow puppy on the road. You might be surprised the attention it gets. I always had the occasional guy ask if it was for sale or give me a thumbs up at stop lights - now people are yelling across parking lots!

7. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

sweet! I knew you could do it! I haven't color sanded or buffed the beater either, because it looks so much better with just the color coat. Great job!

8. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I'm still putting mine back together since painting it.I can't wait to get it back on the road /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Yellow does make people head turn though(well...so does that hugger orange!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Big Sean E

Big Sean E Registered Member

Both of your mellow yellows look came out nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif