Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New York Slimes... good read!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jul 14, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Very interesting read...

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-gross031403.asp

I knew that the Times was scum already for their efforts to bury the Holocaust and Gulag... but the unbelievable pattern of Israel-hatred documented in the above link is just mind boggling. They are about as unbiased as Dan Blather.

j

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Could you give us the CLIF notes for that.........

3. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Good link, Jek.. thanks.. NRO is one of my favorite websites.. The new york times, the clintons, jimmy carter, they all hate israel, and support the palestinian terrorists, and treated yasser arafat like a king..

The palestinians are paying the price for electing the terrorist group hamas to power now..

As for the times burying the stories of the gulag, you are correct.. they were stalin's ' useful idiots'.. it's funny that right after the berlin wall came down, the US was finally able to research some old communist party documents, and y'know what? they found that senator joe mccarthy wasn't a lying psychopath.. he was dead on the money..

Tom

4. jekbrown

Hell, McCarthy under estimated the depths of depravity that were the Communists. I just finished the Gulag Archipelego by Solztenitzen. If there is anyone out there that doesn't know why opposing the Communists during the Cold War was the right thing to do... read that book and you will. Its shocking and bizarre... even to someone who knows that commies are evil bastages. If Hannibal Lecter had been in charge of an entire nation, he could not have done any worse. Its that bad.

The Nazis kill 6 million Jews and everyone says they are evil (rightly!).... but the Communists kill over 100 million people and when Reagan calls the USSR an "Evil Empire" the left can't bring themselves to agree. Seems clear to me that the Nazis crime, in the eyes of the left, was not killing Jews, but being on the "right" side of the political sprectrum.

btw, the guy who wrote that article was a lib who worked for a Limey paper. Its posted on NRO... but for those wary of a "great right wing conspiracy" you can rest assured the text isn't from a bastion of conservatism.

j

5. jekbrown

The NY Times is on the side of the terrorists in the middle east.... and careful analysis of their own writings prove it.

That pretty much sums it up.

j

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What many fail to realize is that quite a few publishing firms in western country's were in fact infiltrated by Soviet agents years ago as a way of spreading propaganda, Time magazine is a good example.
    I really don't understand the whole anti Jewish/Israel thing. I find them to good people and nice to be around. In fact My Niece is half Jewish. Most of the hate for the Jewish people is still to this day from Soviet thinking and indoctrination of third world country's from years past. This of course was part of the big plan of the Soviet Union to keep their system going even if they collapsed as a country the system would live on in other satellite country's around the world. Many Afghan children were sent to the Soviet Union and indoctrinated then sent back to Afghanistan and other Islamic country's to spread propaganda and anti American/Israeli hatred. How else does one explain how the Afghan people who were at one time bitter enemy's of the Russians and supported by the US suddenly do a 180 and become so anti American.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

From all that I have read about Afghanistan, it's a matter of not who to like, but a matter of outsiders being in their house. They don't care who or why, all they seem to care about is that outsiders are in their country and they don't belong, so they will fight them. Kind of a Muslim Delieverance if you will.................................:D

8. jekbrown

Afghans do have a long history of dislike of outsiders. Let us not forget though, that Al Queda is an outsider there also. Lots of arabs there from Yemen, Saudi, Oman etc who regular ethnic Afghans don't want there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist's ability to reason to understand that if those clowns weren't in Afghanistan... the Americans wouldn't be either. :thumb: That could also explain why Afghans don't think much of us either... because we supported Al Queda types against the Soviets... and eventually the Taliban took charge. I'd be pissed at someone who helped them take charge too! Water under the bridge now... all we can do is try to help.

j