Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newb carb ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by el guapo, Dec 19, 2003.

1. el guapo

el guapo Registered Member

My '86 K5 w/ 305ci has a 4bbl Quadrajet carb that is acting up. it doesn't idle right, and the electric choke is about shot on it. the truck has ~206,000 miles on it, and instead of messin with this carb more so than i already have, i just want to replace it.

I've looked on ebay for Quadrajet carbs, can anyone tell me the model number i'll need for my truck? i'm pretty sure it's a 750cfm, just need someone to verify. i'd greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me!

2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

You need to get the part number off the carb that you have. It will be a 8 digit number. Mine was 17085508.
    It's on the driver side of the carb, etched in the body of the carb.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ~206,000 miles on it

[/ QUOTE ]
    Impressive /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Have you looked at the jegs and summit rebuilt quadrajets? There not TO expensive, also I belive a quadrajet rebuild kit is pretty cheap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Be careful though......certain carbs have sensors on them (mixture, TPS, etc.) These are required for emissions reasons in California, and the aftermarket carbs like the Edelbrock and Jet models do not have them. If you don't have to worry about emissions though, GO FOR IT!