Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newb Q about angles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Dec 1, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ok, heres my newbie question for the day.
    I am changing out my suspension. And I want there to be optimum driveline angles, so there is no vibe or anyhting at all. If I got a 6" EZ ride spring, would it come shimmed to the correct angle? If I got a blocks or a shackel flip... what would happen then? How do I find out what angle shims I need, or if I even need them? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Thanks a bunch!

2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

My 6" lift (soft ride from skyjacker) came with shims already on the springs, and worked great to return my 10 bolt back to stock alignement with the t-case. it ran great till i switched in my 205- 14ff, now i've got vibes. so i guess the moral of the story is angle does matter. the yokes should be parrallal to each other with the axle yoke down a degree for axle rap... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What do you mean parrallel? Like the angle of the pinion has to be the same as the tcase output shaft? anyone have pics of shims and how they affect angles? thanks

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yes, the pinion needs to be parallel with the output of the t-case. </font color>

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

you have to measure the angle of the driveshaft to transfer case output and then also the driveshaft to pinion angle and they should be i think within 5 degrees to not have any bad vibration

6. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

by parrallel i mean with the driveshaft removed picture a ruler on the face of each yoke, these rulers would need to be parrallel. hope that helps /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif although to measure this you shouldn't need to remove the shaft.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif