Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newb........rockford p3 subs? yea or nay? aslo other ??'s

Discussion in 'Audio' started by supersize75k5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

newb........rockford p3 subs? yea or nay? aslo other ??\'s

I have the chance to get hooked up on some new in box P3 subs, I want to get the 10's

a pair or a single for my 71 chevy, he also has a amp to throw in the deal.

what do you guys think? this is for a open/ convertable truck, if I go single sub it will be center mounted be hind the seats.

also any suggestions on componets?

I want to keep my componet cost under 250.00 is possable

thanks guys any input is helpfull!

-shawn aka stereo newb /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh yea I am getting the subs for 50bucks..hell ya! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: newb........rockford p3 subs? yea or nay? aslo other ??\'s

In all honesty, I belive you pay more for the name then anything else with Rockford Fosegate. I'm a big fan of "Treo Engineering" ( www.treoonline.com ) and "MMATS" Juggernauts, but alot of people like "JL Audio". For a lower priced subwoofer, I've been impressed with the "Kenwood" Tornato style subs.

3. supersize75k5

Well I wouldn't know, but I do have a tour of their az facility next week, my mom is currently seeing the manager/head engineer of their design and engineering staff,

so that should be pretty cool, he has amazed me so far, he also like romping his 02 f-250, he drives it pretty hard...cool guy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I may get some pics of their plant if you want them?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like you may have the hook up on getting them cheap. If thats the case, go for it. I have too pay retail, so that's where I'm coming from.

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

if you can get them cheap I'd say go for it, if your paying more than $100 than shop around. Rockford took a dive in quality about 7-8 yrs ago compared to their competetion

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I got a Pioneer 12" 305C (higher end model) for $50 to my door. I have pics if you;re interested. Also I know where to geta good truck box for it for $35.

It rocks pretty hard with 300RMS I payed 100 or so for the amp from crutchfield so you can get it less elsewhere if youw anna go

It's a Profile Californa

7. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am a huge Rockford Fan but I would not touch any of their new stuff. They are making a cheap sub. I have a bought the HX2 series subs and have had great luck with them but there 2004 stuff just looks cheap to begin with. If you want good rockford I would go on ebay and buy a RFD2210 or a FRD2110 just search for these part numbers and you will find them. You can buy them new for 100 a piece.

8. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I Love Rockford Amps But There Lower Line Subs Have Somthing To Be Desired But Their Team Rockford Series And High End Subs Kick Ass But ^$$. Im A Kicker Sub Fan I Have Four Kicker L7 12's And Two L7 8's But I Run All Rockford Amps And Rockford Mids And Highs. But If You Can Get Them For Under 100 Get Em You Wont Be Dissapointed But I Would Get 2 Since Its An Open Truck Alot Of Outside Noise.. Components Just Shop Around Kicker, Fosegate, Mb Quart, Most Any Big Name Brand Components Are Good Just For Everyday Listening Unless You Want Compitition Quality Stuff We Just Put Some Clarion Component Sin My Wifes Car And I Really Like Them Very Surprised On The Sound Quality

9. supersize75k5

thanks for all the imput guys,

I got

2) P3 subs

2) punch 5005 amps

and the RFX-9220 MP3 CD PLAYER

1) t15004 4channel amp

I got it all for 340.00 minus the 4 channel amp, I got that afterwards, plus he threw in a bunch of fuse blocks, battery mounts, moster cable wiring and enough dyno mat to do every piece of interior metal on my roadster project. I think I got hooked up BIG time:D

last week I picked up some MB quart componets, my plan is to recess the tweeters into my windshield frame, the speakets will go into some custom kick panels I ordered.

this should sound very nice!

:cool1: