Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newbe in north dakota

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by captain chaos, Mar 29, 2002.

1. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

just thought i would let people now that i really enjoy this site. have just been reading it for about 2 month's. now i can post and learn even more. my spelling suck's and not into capitalizing, but will do my best.
    thank's
    dave

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard!!

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Welcome! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

BTW, are you on the POR site? I could swear I thought I remembered seeing a similiar username like yours on POR. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. captain chaos

don't think i am on another site. maybe tho, i don't know alot about computers and tryed to get into alot of stuff, but never really got it. that's why i read and checked out this site for 2 month's before i jumped in. but am still a little lost. just don't get these abrevation's you guy's use?????
    and hope there isn't another captain chaos, i have had that name for at least 15 years maybe 20..

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Welcome !
    If you need info on how to use this site and stuff. Just look up at the top of the forum and click where it says<font color=blue> FAQ</font color=blue> It tells about everything you need to know there.

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard... Dickinson huh? A few years ago when I was attending NDSU I knew 3 girls from there. Good to see another ND,SD,MN, WI,IA member

7. captain chaos

i was in fargo for about 8 or ten years also. could have beenwhile you where there.

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I bet I can guess what your favorite movie must be......!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW = By the way
    AFAIK = As Far As I Know
    BTDT = Been There, Done That
    LOL = Laughing Out Loud
    ROTFLMAO = Rolling On the floor laughing my a$$ off

There's probably LOTS more....just ways to speed up the conversation, or to make sure people know that you're joking around or being sarcastic.....things sometimes "read" differently than they sound in live conversations.

Welcome aboard BTW..... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Howdy, howdy, howdy......... great to have more folks to talk to.

10. captain chaos

greg72, no my faverate movie isn't fargo. but i thought i would add this little info. a lady from signapore or some place like that just died a few month's ago looking for the money they buried in that movie. the police said she seen the movie over there wrote down every detail and came over here to look for it. traveled across north dakota looking and ended up in detroit lakes minasota. where she was found dead in the wood's. said she died from hunger and exposer. no foul play.
    she also still had her map. no wonder we get bombed.( what are you going to do here????, LOOK FOR TREASURE)
    dave

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Actually.....I was not so much thinking about your location, as your "handle"......

All I can think of is Dom Delouise in "Cannonball Run" !!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

ahhhh yes... the classics! Dun dun dun DUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

CC... you should think about checking out the Memorial day run in Dresser, WI. It is one of the biggest events in this area for trails. There also are usually a couple big gatherings in western SD as well, but quite a few guys come down from your neck of the woods. Here is the next bigger run... http://www.memorial4x4.org/

13. captain chaos

yes i know about them in dresser also mud and more. i'm hoping to get my pickup back together and get to some of those. but then when i get the pickup done i have to get a trailer. so hoping to make it next year. until then just have to do local if i get the pickup done.
    hoping to figure out how to put up pic's soon so you all can see what i have. but for now i am happy to read about you guy's and learn more by you're reply's. every once in a while i even get to put some input into someone's ?.. i'm not the sharpest pencil in this site but i'm sharp enough to poke you in the eye. at least i think, i was wrong once....
    thank's to everyone that welcomed me to this site..
    BTW i got my name after cannonball run. when i was younger i was allway's causing some type of chaos so when the movie came out that kinda fit and everyone started calling me that. so i just keep it, was alway's my c.b. handle.
    later
    dave