Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie Faux Pas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lowtode, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Lowtode

Lowtode Registered Member

I have reading the CK5 forums for a while and have never posted anything since I usually figured out my problem. Well now that time is over, I have a question. I out a 4" lift on my Blazer, easy enough. But I'm not happy. I don't like the way the back end looks. It resembles my 120-year-old neighbor, pretty saggy. My problem is, if I want to put 6" springs in the rear, what will I have to do about the emergency cable. I need options though, for redneck to monster truck ($$$)

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I don't believe anything needs done with the e-brake cable. And assuming you got extended length brake lines there should be no more mods needed to go from 4" rear springs to 6"

3. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey man welcome to the board there are several of us OKC area members here, we get together and wheel some. As for your question, you should not have to do anything to your e-brake, worse case scenario is you will have to adjust it out a little bit at the adjuster to compensate out for the extra lift. If you want to get together and do some wheeling give me or skulznbonz (John) a shout. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If the rear is lifted w/ anything other than blocks skip the 6" rear spring and put a 1 1/2" block in the back.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if your stock springs are that saggy, its probably best to replace them with a good quality aftermarket spring. If they seem to be servicable and you want to keep them, I recommend using an echobit shackle flip (generally 5-5.5" of lift AFAIK) to cure your saggy butt.

j

6. Lowtode

Lowtode Registered Member

Well, before I got the lift I did get some new stock springs from LMC, so I paid a pretty penny for them. So when I got the lift I went with blocks in the rear, it just seems that the e-brake rides really close to springs. But if I stuck 6" springs on in place of the stock springs and 5.5" blocks then that will solve any sag problems. But does the e-brake go under or over the spring?