Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newbie help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Oct 25, 2005.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

im really getting the truck progressing a little bit now. I have decided what wheels im getting and the engine mods are starting to really statisfy me for what i want. The next question is before i get my lift (which will be a 4 inch lift) im going to buy my wheels and tires. Is it possible to run 33/12.50/ on a 15x10 wheel with out having the lift installed. I know i wont be able to go do any trails or anything but would that be ok for just driving on the streets for now? Also im going to go cheap i think and get the Kumho venture MT's. I have had some Kumhos on my car and i loved them but they cheaper than the bfgs which would be my first choice if i could afford them. Whats your opinions.

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They'll fit but may rub alittle on the front firewall side fenders when turning. Depends on how much your old front springs have de-arched. Go ahead and get you a set of zero rates and you should be fine.

3. 76blazerguy

you think they will rub when turning hard or just during normal turning? and how much are zero rates?

4. 76blazerguy

sorry i found out how much they are.

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They're not much and your prob gonna end up with some in the end anyway. It will definately hit with sharp turning. You can take a hammer to that lip and it won't rub, and its hardly noticable.

6. 76blazerguy

there is one mod i need to do before all that anyway and that is buy a membership and stop putting it off like i do with my truck. I owe you all a lot!

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You will rub turning into driveways or parking lots. Get the zero rates. Center pin them for now. Later,when you do the military axle 1 ton swap you can move the axles out. LOL

SELL IT NOW BEFORE IT CONSUMES YOU!!!!!!!1