Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie here with a ? about buying a 90 Blazer w/ rotted floors?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Jan 16, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

I am looking into buying a 90 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif w/ 120,000 K miles. The body is in perfect shape no rust or damage. But up in the rear wheel wells the floor pans are rotted out. Is there a fixable solution to this? Do they make floor pans replacements? And is $2000. a good price for this truck? Runs great, looks good, and has no major issues... Please help...

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

There was a post about that issue a couple of weeks ago, do a search and you will find links to suppliers and prices, I would think it's a good deal if it's a 90 and no mechanical problems.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. unsane

unsane Guest

those parts are pretty cheap, its just the labor that gets you. Unless you know someone with body shop skillz. I paid 2000 for my 89 jimmy awhile back...the best 2000 ive spent in awhile. Try to talk him down. start at 1600 and you may gett it for 1800....the guy I bought mine off of wanted 3000 and I ended up with it for 2000 after about a half hour of bickering

4. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. Wondering if you knew where I could find the parts? I would research it myself but I am on a time schedule. to buy or not to buy? Will do if worth it...

5. unsane

unsane Guest

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

When I did a frame off restoration on mine I took it all apart.
    It's just many many many bolts and some silicone sealer.
    You can do it in one day.

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I replaced the rear floor from factory (about $480), the rear wheel wells on mine where fine and I fabbed my own new floor panels. I also done the inner and outter rockers, that helped in replacing the floor edges.
    my rebuild page #2

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OH, I got all my replacement parts I think from JC Whitney's catalog (this was back before I knew about CK5 and LMC truck)! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    The rear floor, front fenders and tailgate came from a body shop.

9. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

LMC will have most of what you need. Beware before you start that once you get in there, you will want to replace everything. I started out just to repair the floor under the front seats and end up replacing everything from the firewall back. Meaning the floor, all the support beams, and the rockers. Had to fab a few of my own pieces, including the beam that is right in front of the rear wheel wells. This all took quite a bit time. If you are going to do it, do it right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys for all the info...I appreciate all the info now I just have to talk the guy down alittle more and all will be good.

11. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

$2000 for a 90' with only 120,000 miles? is it a standard model? How are the mechanicals? I bought my 88' K-5 for $5000. of course its a fully loaded silverado package with 120k miles on it, not to mention had a brand new paint job with flawless interior. I had been looking for one for some time and was getting really tired of driving a F**D Ranger 4 banger so I just jumped on this one, even though the price was a bit steep. So anyway, depending on how mechanically sound it is, if I were you I'd jump on that deal in a heartbeat. My floorpan and wheel wells looked like they came right off the assembly line when I pulled out the carpet, so I'm not sure how hard or how much replacing them will be. I don't imagine it being too bad though. hope you enjoy it.

12. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

ok kiddies, let's get out some sheet metal, ball pien hammers, and welders. i've seen it done, almost unnoticeably. It'll be plenty strong and with the carpet over it you'll never tell. tons less than buying new floorboards and paying for it to be done. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

Yeah there is no options except for AC and the powered rear window which still works with no problems. There is no lift in it. No hop ups on the motor. Just rotted rear floor pans. Got the nasty lite blue interior. No rips in the seats, and supposedly the top doesn't leak...Runs real smooth have to take it for a test drive this weekend...to see how the drive line is...I too am driving a F**D Bronco II at the moment. Is fun but not what I want...Other then that I don't know much more.