Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie ? - Hood alignment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Sep 1, 2004.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Pulled the hood off when I pulled the engine. Now, I cannot get it to align. The drivers side rear sticks up about two inches. I have loosened, adjusted, and retightened for hours- and I still can't get that corner down. Any advise? What am I missing? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

does it budge at all if you press on it? (the area thats pokin up) When you removed the hood, which bolts did you take out? Just the ones connecting the hood to the arms? the ones in the firewall? both? Did you make marks on any of the connection plates you unbolted? BFH will fix it for sure, but it won't be so pretty...I dunno how to advise you w/o knowing more specifically what you did.

3. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I just took out the two bolts on both sides that connect the arms to the hood. The hood does push down. Stupidly, I did not scribe a line around where it was- won't make that mistake again. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

There are stops or posts with rubber bushings or spacers on the top on the firewall- do those go inside the holes in the back of the hood to help hold the hood down? If so, I do not think the hood is grabing it on the one side. The hood seems to be lined up with the fenders and it latches with a slam. Talk about frustrating!

4. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

if you have the old style hood (the one that almost touches the windshield), you may have a bad hinge.
    They get worn out and don't go down so easily.
    If it's the newer style hood (with the cowl between the hood and the windshield...you got me...)
    -T