Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newbie in Mississippi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazinherman, Apr 16, 2002.

1. blazinherman

blazinherman Newbie

Wanted to say thanks for all of the help you guys have provided me with over the past year. I figured I better join up before too many changes to the site occur. Never was able to provide much information so didn't see the need. I am in the never ending process of building/creating my truck, this time a '91 Blazer. I am waiting on my bumpers to be finished by Fredd. FYI - "Goof-Off" works great for softening and removing the carpet adhesive.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Wow someone only 6hrs away.... Man this gets better everyday. I am in Louisiana, Lafayette specifically. I am not out that way too often but good to find another wheeler kind of close. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif So lets see Dallas 7hrs away, Jackson 6hrs away, Houston 4 hrs away, 5 1/2 to the arkansas border, 10 to Missouri, MOAB 27 hrs 35minutes away.

3. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

BowTie, I'm not too far away, Baton Rouge here. Right now my blazer is living it up in the driveway untill I can get a new suspension. Right now it has 6" blocks all around so it just sits. Know anyone with a great deal on a 6" Skyjacker lift with front and rear springs for a 72 Blazer?

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Hey, I'm not sure if it's too far but a bunch of us are getting together in Gulfport this Saturday for a ride on a powerline (all mud). You're all welcome to go, for details / directions check out www.gulfcoast4x4s.com

5. blazinherman

blazinherman Newbie

Thanks for the invite. Can't make it without a driveshaft replacement. If I can afford to get a new one or find a great deal on a D60 to swap I'm there.

6. BowtieBlazer

You've got to be kidding me! I am at school here at LSU! Man I have been looking for someone from the board atleast near by ya know like within 3 hrs. I plan on sporting the CK5 stickers soon cuz its been long enough and maybe someone will see me around. Let me know when is good for ya. PM me and i'll give you my cell number and if you want we can meet up and check out rigs....You're a step ahead of my mostly stock project we can hook it up.

For a second I thought you were the other guy with the almost identical white blazer thats much like mine. I had seen a guy driving what turned out to be an 86 and he turned into a gas station right as I was passing and I didn't have much to do so I told him about the site. Now I see yours is a 72.

7. 73 K5 Blazer

73 K5 Blazer 1/2 ton status

I good to see another CK5 member from Mississippi. I am in Madison and in the process of building a 73 Blazer.

8. BowtieBlazer

Gulfport really isn't that far for me either I've driven through a few times. I'll try to keep up with happenings with gulfcoast 4x4 and maybe make a trip out sometime.