Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newbie intro

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kermit, May 2, 2000.

1. kermit

kermit Registered Member

Hello all

Just wanted to introduce myself and my rig. My name is Len Sullivan, and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I was "introduced" to your group by Mike Pawlowski (Marboro), another Phoenix member. According to him, y'all are a bunch of really cool, laid back, informative people.......and best of all, he says that you're "brand tolerant." That's really cool, 'cuz I don't drive a Blazer. I drive a Jeep.

Before anybody tells me that there are forums that are more directly suited to my vehicle, let me 'splain why your're group interests me: I don't drive a TJ (Trendy Jeep), or a YJ (Yuppie Jeep), or a CJ (Costly Jeep). I drive a full size Jeep pickup...a '78 J-10 to be exact.

My rig is set up with a Chevrolet 350 V8, a TH350 transmission, NP208 transfer case, full floating 8 lug Dana 60 in the rear, 8 lug Dana 44HD in the front, 3 inches of suspension lift, 3.73 gears, and 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain tires. So.......the Jeep forums (I regularly post in 3 of them) are great if I have questions/comments about my windshield wipers or heater controls, but when it comes to drivetrain and suspension I have more in common with you.

If anyone is curious about what my rig looks like and what I do with it, you can visit my photopoint site at:
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=41056&Auth=false

I don't have any pics of the truck with the new 33" tires and the "custom" (read that: sawzall) fenders, but they'll be up soon. I also don't have many pics up from last years trail runs 'cuz I was too busy driving to take pictures....I'm sure you all know how it goes.

Anyway, that's me and my rig.

be good........

Len

half Chevy + half Jeep = Cheep!

2. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Welcome Len,,, nice Cheep or Jeevy!!!!!

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

3. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard! Many folks here have multiple rigs. So your insight in a value added. Is that a Jevy then?

4. kermit

kermit Registered Member

I suppose we could call it a Jeepolet or a Jeevy, but Cheep seems to fit it best......my local club recently had a discussion about how much they've spent on their rigs. Average seemed to be between 15 and 20k -- the 33" tires and Powertrax No-Slip I just bought finally pushed me over the $3000 mark.

Len

half Chevy + half Jeep = Cheep!