Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie Putting 700r4 in Help!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Sep 26, 2004.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Hi I just bought a 1990 K5 that doesnt run. It just needs a transmission and maybe a transfer case. I dropped the trans and t case together, it was real easy. My question is how do i pull the TC and flywheel off. And when i put the new trans in do i have to reajust the tv cable or can i just connect it in. How can i tell if the t case is still good? Is there anyother special things i have to do when i put it in? Any info will help I plan on getting a memeber ship once i get some $$. By the way, anyone have 700r4 and 241? Thanks

2. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

To remove the TC and flexplate, first remove the TC from the flywheel, 3 bolts on the engine side of the flexplate, removing the flexplate isn't required unless it is going to be replaced. when you put the new transmission in, remember to put the torque converter in the tranny and then put it in place.
    You should probably re-adjust you TV cable just to be safe.
    The transfer case is still good if you can turn the input shaft and all the corresponding outputs move according to the position of the shifter. You can get into a more indepth inspection but this will tell you if its working or not.

3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

alright so saying that ny t case is still good, what year or spline 700r4 s will bolt right up to my 241?