Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Dec 28, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

even though I am not a newbie. All right here is the situation. Use to have the but sag when I put my 6" all spring lift on, so bought a set of zero rates for the rear and all was good. Well I just completed an axle swap (3/4 Ton) and put the new tires and beadlocks on. In doing so I put a zero rate in the front to move the axle forward 1 1/2". Now I have the sag again. So I was thinking could I put an set of those helper springs thingies (sorry had a brain fart and forgot what they were called):confused: to raise my rear up? Not sure if I have one on the 6" spring pack due to I have never seen one.

Any help greatly appreciated

Oh one more thing I have been throwing around as well was maybe a 2" flip in the rear and pull the zero rate from the rear. Still tossing that one around though.

James

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

if u go w/ the helper/add-a-leaf it will stiffen up the rear spring rate, but would prolly level u out, or put u a little higher in the rear

3. 79Stomper

Add a leaf, that was it. Anyone have a pic of one so I can compare to my spring pack? I wouldn't think that a 6 " rear spring pack would have one in it but who knows these days.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have a set of new 2" RC add-a-leaf's at home that I can take a pic of but it will be tonight. I can also give you the length and height of the arch so you can get a fell for how they'd fit your set.

Are your rear 6" rears 52 or 56 long? I have a set of 56's that I can compare them to but since they're long I'm sure the curve of the arch is different than the 52's.

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've been trying to figure out why my blazer doesn't have saggy butt. I've got 2" body 6" all spring and a zero rate just in the front and it sits level. I think its because I don't run a top. My 87 K5 the back actually sits higher than the front. Go figure. I've played with drilling out the rear hangers and moving them down or up an inch, maybe I bolted them back in the wrong holes. So my hanger actually has 8 holes for adjustment.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I think a lot of it is (as you stated) related to the top and also a rear mounted spare tire. It seems like most of the saggy butt trucks usually still have their top and some sort of bumper mounted spare. I've noticed that almost everyone with a bumper mounted spare runs staggered lifts (with the rear having 2"~4" more than the front).

7. 79Stomper

Well I don't have the spare on right now and it is still sagging. I had to pull the spare off so I could get the cherry picker close enough to slide the 14 bolt underneath without breaking my back. The saggy but is livable for right now, but when I put the carrier on and the 40" spare, have a feeling it will sink down some more. It could also be just me and my pursuit in perfection. I will live with it for a while.

James