Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newbie question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by joe maty, Sep 22, 2002.

1. joe maty

joe maty Newbie

I just bought a '91 K5. Can you fit 35x12.5 " tires with a 4" suspension lift? I dont wanna have to trim my fenders. I tried a search, i couldnt seem to get a straight answer.
    thanks,
    joe

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

yes, i just installed a 4 inch rough country lift, and borowed a friends 35's to see how well they would fit, and they clear fine, if you do a lot of rock crawling you may wantto trim, at full twist they touched the front fenders just enough to leave a mark on my mud flap, but not much more than that
    good luck
    ~~~jeff

3. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

It may depend on the lift brand, with my 4" pro comp and 35's with 8" rims they would only rub if the tire was turned and I hit a large bump or flexed. With 10" rims they hit the fenders every time I turned in the driveway. I trimmed just an inch back on the very bottom rearward edge of the fender and then bent it up so there was not a sharp edge. It is not noticable at all and now my tires only hit if the sway bar is disconnected.