Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie to Colorado

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 89GMCSuburban, Jun 4, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I am moving to Denver (Thornton, actually) on July 1st for a new job. I'm trying to make sure my burb can make it up there, gonna switch off for smaller tires for the trip. Anyway, wanted to let everyone know and that I'd like to try a trail run or meet up to meet you guys in Denver. Can't wait to be up there with the mountains than these hot plains.

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Welcome to Colorado!! I PM'd you with my info in case you need it. Feel free to get ahold of me coming through Co Springs. Glad to have you stop by. I'm only about 7-8 minutes off the interstate.

3. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Congratulations and advance welcome to Colorado. To bad you are going to the Denver area, all the really cool members are in Colorado Springs :D :cool1: .

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Fixed it for you. Welcome to Colorado! Stay away from the Springs gals, no matter what they say. I'm close to Thornton, so holler at me when you get here.

5. 89GMCSuburban

Awesome, the burb is going to driven up there because NOBODY rents a trailer big enough to tow it. Gonna put some small tires on it to double the mileage for the 1000 mile trip. It'll probably be June 29th that I run through Colorado Springs, so I'll be sure to get a hold of you...
    I put my info in the Colorado contact info thing Firefighter184 had posted. Can't wait to get up there and be out of this 100 degree 80% humidity city.

6. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

If you get in touch with Mark (burblover) you will by default get me along in the deal. Mark and I live about 10 minutes from each other. If you run into any troubles coming up from NM let us know. Welcome to CO! Rich

7. 89GMCSuburban

Too cool, thanks a lot guys.... :D :saweet:

8. primergray4x4

primergray4x4 Registered Member

:thumb: Alright, I'llbe out ther at that time to. Hopefully we can all get together. I bought a house in Calhan. I'm returning to Colorado after 8yrs.I'm so excited I can't stand it. Looking forward to meeting everyone and their families. Does anyone mind if the dog comes along with the rest of the family? :cool1:

9. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Ditto on the help side of things for your trip, I'm in/near Santa Fe, NM... if you run into any snags in my neck of the woods feel free to gimme a ring (PM coming with my contact info)

—Todd

10. 89GMCSuburban

Dog's are cool, man. I'm gonna have to leave mine here in TX.

11. rd durham

rd durham Registered Member

Putting on smaller tires will increase your torque, and raise your RPM, lowering your MPG. Putting on larger tires lowers your torque at the wheels, and lowers your the cruise RPM of your engine, raising your miles per gallon. Taller tires are like a poor man's overdrive.

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Depends on gearing, and lets not forget rolling resistance of 36 inch tires, the extra weight of 36's, the added wind resistance of 36's, etc :D

13. 89GMCSuburban

Bingo! With 4.10's and turning 2,000 at 70, it'll lug too much in OD, drinking more gas. Pop it into D and RPM's go up to 2500 or so, causing worse gas mileage still. I got 13 to 15 before on 31/10.50 with same lift and gearing. I get 8 to 10 now on 36's.

14. 89GMCSuburban

And you know that Colorado wind near Trinidad up to Pueblo won't help my mileage...

15. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

I live about 10 minutes west of I25 right in the middle of Denver, So if you need any help call me.
    Scott
    303-980-6548