Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie w/ idea.....& question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rafterman191, Sep 30, 2006.

1. rafterman191

rafterman191 Registered Member

Hi everyone, I am a noob to this forum. I have started a love affair w/ an '86 K5 SBC 305. I keep getting tis idea to shorten my hard top to where it just covers the rear bench seat and having a small "bed" at the rear for storage. I guess it would be similiar to how the newer trucks (ie Aves) are designed. Has anyone tried this mod or got any ideas, comments, suggestions? Also, who has a rear bumper for sale or which Chevy bumpers make a good replacement with a little work?

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Look for DIY4X he has a top like you are describing as well as a few others. Not easy to do but it is doable. As for the bumper become a member and you will have access to the classified section where stuff is for sale all of the time. The rules for posting I believe frown upon looking for items in the lounge. The classified section has a place to post for people looking for parts. It is well worth the $25 a year. I know this site has saved me more than that each year with advice while working on my K5. Also as a paying member you have the ability to search the forum for anything you like:D .

Ira

3. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

iyeah what he said.. he beat me to it... I just cut up my stock bumper ill find some pics...

4. rafterman191

rafterman191 Registered Member

Thanks all, just found this sight not long ago and learning the ropes. Sorry mods didn't mean to tread, it's just our nature.