Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newbie with a question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by pete poling, Nov 21, 2006.

1. pete poling

pete poling Newbie

Nov 20, 2006
    well im new to the whole k-5 thing
    but heres the deal, i picked up a 79 k-5 it has the dana 44 front and the 14 bolt rear the guy said these were from a 1978 3/4ton silverado is this or could this be true i guess the big question is how to buy a lift kit when that say blazer 1/2 ton when mine has the 3/4 ton axles does this matter when buying a kit. it needs one bad cause it has 35s and the thing is stock the front fenders are shot due to tire rub
    3/4ton axles gotta be a common swap on these so id think you could still lift them with the regular kit right?
    please help me out on this cause i want to get a lift kit soon or may sale it if anyones interested i live in auburn indiana
    thanks guys

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

Sep 17, 2001
    The only thing you have to watch out for when lifting it is the rear u bolts will need to be for a 3/4 if you use blocks or thicker packs that require longer u bolts. Give us a call if you need the springs or u-bolts, we can set you up.