Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newbie with an 1986 and some questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGMACusmc, Apr 15, 2007.

1. BIGMACusmc

BIGMACusmc Newbie

Hey all,
    I just bought a 1986 M1009 and wanted to put some wheels and tires on it. The truck is already lifted four inches and the fenders have been trimmed. I want to put some 16x10's on it with some 35's. I hate the look of wheels that are offset too much, but don't want it rubbing either. Can someone tell me the proper backspacing on a 16x10 wheel or would a 16x8 be better. Oh and is anyone else running a similar seup with a three speed and a diesel with 3.73's. If so, how does it go? The blazer has 37's on it now and although it spins them fine, it isn't very daily driver friendly. I think the 35's will be slightly better. And last question, the back tailgate has been gutted and I think I will die from fumes If I leave it that way much longer, where can I get a window and a hand crank for a decent price?

Thanks a lot

Peter McGrath

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

your gears is what makes it non highway freindly. for bigger tires you need around 411 to 4.56. for the back window, just take the top off. its much better that way. no idea for backspace

3. BIGMACusmc

BIGMACusmc Newbie

nobody else has any input???

4. 1990k5fan

1990k5fan 1/2 ton status

Check the parts forum for the crank for the tailgate window and just visit a window place intown for a new rear window.