Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newby here....got some questions for ya!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85Blazernga, Mar 3, 2001.

1. 85Blazernga

85Blazernga Registered Member

Hi guys and gals. I am new at this site and I am looking for some info. I have bought a 85 K5 4x4. The heater core was shot and upon investigation, a door on the distributor box was broke. So, I went to the local junkyard and pulled out a box from a Chevy resting in the junkyard. When I put it all together, the blower motor isn't working now. Anyone have any ideas what could cause that? The blower motor worked fine before I pulled out the box and now it doesn't work. Another question, the distributor box has 3 vacuum connections. Any ideas on what they are for? THanks for your help. By the way, I am going to try to get my site together with some pics..!!!

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Hey, there is a post on a defroster problem, which will help you out to figure your problem with the multiple vacum lines. I can only think of two on my 89, but it has been some time since I did the work. As far as the blower motor, it is more than likely a fuse or short in wire, grab a tester and that is the shortest way to do. If you don't have a tester and have some extra side lamp markers or such, you can make your own with the lamp, some electrical tape, and wire. Stop you from havin to go to store, and you can make a longer lead length for negative ground. The only other thing I would do why you have things apart is get a vac pump and check all the lines and diaphram. Let me know how you got your heater core in without a lot of cuzin. My truck has a dent in it now, cuz I got so pissed trying to get the inner nut out. I eventually just drill an access hole for a 3/8 socket. Figure it will be there for next time I get that sweet smell from the vents.

Joel

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. 85Blazernga

85Blazernga Registered Member

I had a hard time figuring out how to get the heater core out of my original distributor box. I took every screw that I could find out and still no luck. I think that there has to be a way to get a rod that a door is mounted to out. Then the back of the box would pop off. Fortunately the box from the junkyard had a good heater core and I left it in the box.I did check my fuse block and didn't find a blown fuse. I wish I could find a diagram for the fuse block to find what I needed. They are marked on my block but not very easy to discern. How can I find the post for the vacuum lines?