Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newby question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tbill, Aug 30, 2004.

1. tbill

tbill Registered Member

I am building my K5 for driving the back roads and trails of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. No extreme 4X4, but just want to be able to see what you can't see from the interstate. My K5 right now has 33's, 4" lift, 350 TBI, 700R4, basically just a little more than stock. I have the limited slip diff. and there is my question. Not knowing what the PO has done, is it normal when in 4 wheel low for the rear tire that is on the inside of the turn to "spin" when making a slow tight turn? It really jerks the truck hard when on pavement.
    Hope I don't wear you guys out, but I have lots of questions and it seems the answers are here on this site. Thanks

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

It sounds more like a locker than a LS, to me. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

agreed.. sounds like a locker... or a busted limited slip. hard to say without looking. You could pull the rear cover and snap pics and post them...

as to your other questions, fire away... we can multitask. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

4. tbill

tbill Registered Member

I have dealt with the old "Posi-Tracts" from the muscle car days, but this acts entirely different. Next trip home (work keeps me gone a lot) I plan on changing all the fluids anyway, so I'll do some pics. Thanks to all.

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a worn out stock locker.

6. tbill

tbill Registered Member

LOL That very well could be! It only does it in 4 wheel low, works fine in 2 wheel or 4 wheel high.

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    agreed.. sounds like a locker... or a busted limited slip. hard to say without looking. You could pull the rear cover and snap pics and post them...

as to your other questions, fire away... we can multitask. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed pull the diff and take a pic for everyone to see, you could prob use some fresh gear oil in there anyways /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Hope I don't wear you guys out, but I have lots of questions and it seems the answers are here on this site. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, before you even ask... you need a giant cooler for that tranny. The 28,000 GVW stacked-plated cooler from B&M is a great choice... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j