Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newer Corp. 14-Bolt Rear Discs?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by trukman1, Jan 4, 2003.

1. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me when GM started putting the rear discs with e-brake on the FF 14-bolt rear differentials? Also, any information on adapting them over to the older Corp. 14FF would be appreciated if anyone knows about this or has tried it. I know I can use aftermarket kits but I think the GM setup looks like a better way to go. Thanks in advance for your help. Trukman1

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Having worked in a wrecking yard, everybody and their dog will be after the 14-bolt disc hardware. You'll have chance after the guys that work there have a crack at it, then after the boss's buddy's have a crack at it, then after the regular customers have a crack at it, then you might have a chance. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Core/blown rear ends get pieced together and re-sold again.

Best chance of getting a factory 14FF with discs is to belly up to the bar buy the whole rear end complete.