Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newer/older

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XtrmChevy, Jul 14, 2001.

1. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Hello,

is there a significant improvement in the front view when driving the newer (lower) fronted Blazers from 1981 and up? Is it worth to be looking for a newer truck or am I happy with my -77?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Front sheet metal from newer trucks can easily be fitted to your older Blazer if you so chose. It takes very little modification and is mostly a bolt on. From a rugedness stand point the 77 has stonger axles and a stonger transmission.
    Now you might look at finding seats that sit higher. I have 2 of these trucks. One is my wifes 79 with stock seats and the other is my 75 with middle row seats out of a 94 or so Mitsubishi Mini van. They sit about 3 inches higher and that does make a difference. Unlees your a tall person there is plenty of head room and the loss of 3 inches is minor. My not so tall wife likes my seats much better.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</A>

Grim-Reaper

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've never drove an older one, but just by judging, I think the difference would be minimal.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

4. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I've driven an 81 pickup and there is very little difference in visability. Not enough to matter.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers
    <font color=white>http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill</font color=white>

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

So, just guessing, how much lower (if at all) is the front of the hood line on the newer rides? It looks like it is about an inch or two, but that could be just the bodyline change (opticalilusion- thing)

Asking- cause I'm kicking around the idea of lowering the front of the hood and would need a shorter core suport.

Twiztid - and diggin' the ol' "fat" fenders

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Mines an 78 and have a 87 front clip that I added and it isn't that much that you would even notice.......it's all back to what you like(in looks)

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"