Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

newer steering column in an older truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 17, 2001.

has anyone ever done this? looking to put an 88 column in a 76. my concerns are the wireing harnesses for the ignition and turn signal switch. also, will it even bolt in? the column is from an 88 truck with the newer body style and diff. interior. thanks

<font color=blue>"What does mine say?"
    "SWEET! What does mine say?"
    "DUDE!" </font color=blue>

1. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Im wondering the same thing.I wanna put the tilt column out of my 81 K5 into the 74 C20 cab Im putting on my K5 .I havent realy looked into it yet.If nobody answers Ill go out and see what I can see and let ya know.

A balanced diet is a beer in both hands.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

2. scrapmetal

scrapmetal 1/2 ton status

I rebuilt a 85 and used a 73 tilt column in it, it will all bolt up except the ignition switch has to be turned over so it will line up with the pins, when you look at it you'll see it, I turned the switch on the 73 over so it would fit the 85 and everything works like it should,, other than that eveything else was a complete bolt up

Never been stuck, just temporarily delayed.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html>hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html</a>

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Its a bolt in job aas far as the column goes...however the wiring would take a bit to work out. I suggest getting copies of the Helms wiring diagram for both years so you can determine what will be spliced together and what you will have to add...

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!