Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newer style head unit...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Bob87Burb, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

With limited choices for an old style 2-shaft aftermarket head unit, it looks like we're stuck with the newer DIN style. Which also means the dash is going to need to be cut. I have no problem with that, though. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? Will I need any kind of installation kit?

2. barryb

barryb Registered Member

i would recommend a metra 87-99-3052 to use for a guide cutting the dash and trimming it out .. makes it look sweet .. (as it can get) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

B

3. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

When I installed I just used a little air saw, trace a line with a sharpy and cut it out. I didnt even take off the black gauge surround first. It's probably easier if you do though. Just take your time with it and it'll be fine

4. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice guys. I have no issues with cutting the dash, and I don't really want to mount it in the center console. I use the cupholders for my out of control caffeine addiction. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif