Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newest member to the family

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Some of you may know I'm a dog lover and a few know that I have grown up with and have two border collies.
    Well there has been this border collie hanging out at work for over a week now. I was talking to the secretary friday at work and she said that she had been feeding it when she could. I went and checked on him in the freezing temps and he didn't look to good. So I asked everyone at work if they knew anything about him and no one had a clue.
    So friday evening when I was getting ready to head home I noticed he was just leaning up against the building curled up in a ball shivering pretty bad. I said screw this and called my wife and explained the situation and that I didn't want to leave him like that. So I folded up the backseat in my truck and spread out some work cloths for him to lay on. I had to help him in and his body was freezing and he seamed weak. He just laid there on the 45 minute ride home like he had a broken spirit.
    Well we got home and I brought him in and my wife and daughter both lit up when the saw him. We checked him out and he had some good cuts here and there and the hair on his neck is missing where a overly tight collar once was and has been having some bad diarrhea probably due to what ever he could find to eat and drink.
    He is a very well behaved dog and takes commands pretty good considering the situation and doesn't freak out when someone comes to the front door. My wife is taking him to the vet in the morning to have him checked over and get shots if need be. I could care less if I ever do find out who had him before, cause as far as I am concerned they are a POS for treating a dog this way......Fock 'em..............

Anyways here's Charlie:D
    [​IMG]

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

good lookin pooch you got there Corey. way to rescue him from a bad situation. :waytogo:

that's how we ended up with our female. one of my mom's friends found her along the side of the road in Kentucky on his way home from a business trip. she was pretty beat up, they nursed her back to health, and when she was well enough she came to live with us. probably one of the best dogs we've ever had.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

That what surpip told me, but I didn't believe him. Sicko...............:haha: :haha:

John

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Merry Christmas, Charlie!!!

Now you're gonna have to get another stocking Corey.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

Corey, you are an awsome person!!!! i hope your friends and family realize how lucky they are to have you around!!:waytogo: great looking pup

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i bet a jar of peanut butter would change your mind. :haha:

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

you're good people Corey. :thumb:

j

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Good on you Corey.

You did the right thing. Hope Charlie works out well for your family. Keep us updated every now and again.

:thumb:

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

...and my wife agrees! :grin: Had to share the story with her since she loves the idea of rescuing animals who need a home/love too. :)

good job mang.

j

10. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Cute pup! Kudos to you and the wife for rescuing the poor guy! :waytogo:

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks guys (F-You John:wink1: ) Well my wife took him to the vet today and got all of his shots and some antibiotics and they took a blood sample to check for heart worm. He does have cataracts and some scaring on his eyes from exposer to the freezing weather we just went through. Other than that he's doing real good and is fitting in just fine.

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Congrats man! always nice to add a member to the family:D

13. boggerless

good to hear.the wife and i saw a dog running loose about five years ago. it was on a divided highway.we pulled into a michigan turn around and i got out to try and grab him.most of the traffic stopped but one guy came through at a high rate of speed and blasted him right in front of me.:( he slid about 100ft with his tail wagging.THAT was fooked up.......you saved that puppy from that.

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Charlie is a good name for a stray. My brother in law named a lab he had taken in years ago Charlie. Turned out to be a great dog. I hope you have the same luck, just stay away from his a$$, ya freak:wink1:

John

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

UPDATE!!
    Got the results back on the heart worm test. He's got a bad case of them:frown1: and if not dealt with he wont have long. His breathing is heavy and he doesn't get in a hurry about stuff.
    So we talked it over with the vet and he's gonna go in on the 2nd of next month for a weeks worth of treatment. It's gonna cost $300 but I don't care he's a good dog...........

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well that sucks!

Thanks so much for not bailing on him.

I'm quite sure he'll be just fine.

17. boggerless

:bow: :bow: what kills me is people that don't take care of there pets and NOTHING goes wrong.:confused: hell it took me two years to let GTD clean his ears...

18. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You never get them without some kind of health issue unless your very lucky. We are taking in our cat on Monday for colectomy surgery, that's a Dana 60 right there.

If you care enough the money doesn't matter, long as you feel good about it.

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

x2 :waytogo:

Border Collies are awesome dogs, i'm probably going to get one when i move out, since i cant take either of the ones here with me. its a shame too, Chance is my little buddy.