Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newest Missrouri ORV Park in Fulton

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, May 12, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I met the guys from Capital City Crawlers this past weekend for a trail build day at Potowatomi Campground and ORV Park in Fulton Missouri.

It is an old ATV park that's been around for years and now the owner has allowed 4x4's but the trials weren't very fullsize friendly. So, we went and widened some of the existing trails as well as added a few spur trails connecting them together. We will have trails rating from 1 to 5 just like Hot Springs. It's only about 300 acres but it was a days worth of wheeling/working and we barely hit the park.

It cost us $5 per vehicle to go into the park (cheap!!!) I think they have 4 lakes for fishing, camper hookups, primitive camping, mud pits, Motocross track, flat track, and possibly coming soon some rockcrawling pits.

I plan to join the Capital City Crawlers and hopefully help to build one heck of cool place to wheel right here in Central Missouri.

Check these pics:

http://www.gilmoremotors.com/potawatomi051103.htm

Let me know if you are interested in attending a trail build day and I will keep you all posted on when these dates are. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

This was a great time and we barely touched the available trails. I'm sure there will be more trail building in the future and even an open-diffed poseur like me can have a blast.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Glad there is something closer to where I will be in Illinois next year. I'll have to hit that next spring

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Sounds interesting. Keep us informed of the dates.

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Those are some goofy looking mud slicks you have on that truck Neil! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

6. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Mud slicks appropriately describes how they were working right there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Quotes from Neil Pickett:
    "Dang, these tires are just so fugly"
    "These things are just worthless"
    "Can't wait to get rid of these"
    "Fourties coming soon"

8. Mudzer

That's "Fo-Tees" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

They work fine when you have the t-case in hi range! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Do you have to be a member of Capital City Crawlers to go into the park? Or is it open to everyone. Where exactly is the park located? Since Potosi is now "closed" my friends and I are looking for an alternative for a Sunday trail ride.

Thanks
    Jason

10. Mudzer

You do not have to be a member of the Capital City Crawlers. We will be building some trails on Sunday. Meet us in the Walmart Super Center parking lot (off Business 54)at 10:00 on Sunday if you want to go. We normally just run trails and do maintenance as we go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the invite. Ive got a friend coming in from Colorado bringing his ScoutII on 40s /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. We are thinking of going out there or up to a park by Bowling Green. I forget what its called. Ill let you know if we are coming out. Where exactly is the park at anyways? I know where the walmart is. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

berg

12. Mudzer

It is located off of 10th street. Turn on Business 54 south, then turn east on 10th street. You will pass by a residential area, Country Club, a school and several stop signs. Pay no attention to the Dead End sign. The road turns to gravel, then watch for the Potowatomi Campground sign on the north side of the road. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif