Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Newly Rebuilt 700R4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kendo, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Kendo

Kendo Registered Member

I just got done installing a rebuilt 700R4 into my 85 Jimmy and it does not move when shifted into OD. All other selections work great and even once you get going in D you can shift into OD and still make forward progress. Another funny thing, if I sit there with my foot on the brake, shift into OD and gas it, sometimes it will "kick" into gear. Any ideas on what it might be?

The tranny is "supposedly" an 87 and later unit or at least has the upgrades of the 87 and later units.

Ken

2. Kendo

Kendo Registered Member

OK, I verified that the unit is in fact an 87 model. I have done further research and I **think** it may be a leaking forward accumulator. Anyone had experience with this? How about replacing it, easy or difficult? I think it can be done by just yanking the valve body, but I'd like to confirm that. Anyone? Bueller?

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I believe you can get the accumulators out by yanking only the pan, filter and valve body.