Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

News Flash!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Oct 13, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

If the media today had been covering the Normandy Invasion:

June 6, 1944. -NORMANDY-

"Three hundred French civilians were killed and thousands more wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion of continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children.

Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops. Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far worse than the French had anticipated and reaction against the American invasion was running high.

"We are dying for no reason," said a Frenchman speaking on condition of anonymity. "Americans can't even shoot straight. I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops, tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out, threatening the species with extinction.

A representative of Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised.

"This is just another example of how the military destroys the environment without a second thought, " said Christine Moanmore. "And it's all about corporate greed."

Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone knows the President Roosevelt has ties to big beer," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing a secret weapon, a so-called "atomic bomb." Such a weapon could produce casualties on a scale never seen before and cause environmental damage that could last for thousands of years.

Hitler has denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany.

Shortly after the invasion began, reports surfaced that German prisoners had been abused by Americans. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored but so far, remains unproven.

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion and French officials are concerned that uncollected corpses pose a public health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance," they said. "It's their mess and we don't intend to clean it up."

2. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sad, but true, friggin media. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

how sacary is that, because it's true. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds simular too the crap Kerry is spewing about Iraq. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif French BS and John Kerry BS go's hand in hand, why am I not suprised ?? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

You guys can't be serious right? That thing has BS written all over it.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

send that to the associated press,i bet you don't even get a response. sissies,punks,poopheads. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. firefighter184

[ QUOTE ]
    You guys can't be serious right? That thing has BS written all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya ain't the sharpest tack in the box are ya? It's called "satire". If TODAY'S media had covered the Normandy Invasion in 1944, that's what the story would have looked like. Right down to Greenpeace and the Sierra Club complaining about the Sineless French Crab. And I truly believe that leftys like you and Backcountry would have looked at D-Day as some terrible justification for pulling out of WW2. Thank God there were no Ted Kennedys or John Kerrys back then.

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That is very well written. How the world has changed. A lot of food for thought. I enjoyed that piece, shows how ridiculous the world has become now.

10. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Listen jackass, of course the original post was satire but some of the sarcasm in some of the responses was so good that it seemed some actually took it as a true story.

You can also take this comment and blow it out your a##, I would have been fighting in the war if I was around back then.

[ QUOTE ]
    And I truly believe that leftys like you and Backcountry would have looked at D-Day as some terrible justification for pulling out of WW2

[/ QUOTE ]

11. firefighter184

[ QUOTE ]
    Listen jackass, of course the original post was satire but some of the sarcasm in some of the responses was so good that it seemed some actually took it as a true story.

You can also take this comment and blow it out your a##, I would have been fighting in the war if I was around back then.

[ QUOTE ]
    And I truly believe that leftys like you and Backcountry would have looked at D-Day as some terrible justification for pulling out of WW2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY ANGRY LIBERALS BATMAN!!!

I'm sure you would have gone to war BACK THEN, but if the same war was today, I doubt it. Back then you'd have had your ass kicked for not going. Today, people like John Kerry would call you a hero and claim that firebombing Dresden was an atrocity and that more people should protest the war and spit on veterans and their sacrifices... 9/11 killed more than Pearl Harbor, and it was a non-military target. Yet the left seems to think we should hang around the campfire and sing kumbayah with radical Islamists to try to find out why they hate us. Gimme a break.

12. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure you would have gone to war BACK THEN, but if the same war was today, I doubt it. Back then you'd have had your ass kicked for not going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do it now as well on my own accord. Unlike some I do things when "I" feel compelled to do them not because I'm pressured into it.

[ QUOTE ]
    9/11 killed more than Pearl Harbor, and it was a non-military target.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's why I was all for going to the AFG and kicking a## and rooting out OBL. Iraq is a different story and the rest of your post is BS.

13. firefighter184

Did you buy an electric car yet? Are your worry crystals working? How are the dreadlocks coming?

Listen dude, Saddam was messing around for a long time. Regardless of the way liberals cling to the idea that just becasue we haven't found them that WMDs never existed. As far as I am concerned, Saddam had the means and the desire. Not only that, but he WAS funding terrorism. He was paying the families of homicide bombers $10K apeice. That is funding terror. The US was his sworn enemy, after embarrassing him in 91 and strangling him since. The only problem with sanctions is that the French, the Grmans and Russia ignored them so Saddam had plenty of money.

I don't agree with the rush to war, but I agree with the need for war. If you libs ould just stop with the hand-wringing and naieve belief that everything is our fault, you might see the light and get it right.

Stop hatin...

14. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you buy an electric car yet? Are your worry crystals working? How are the dreadlocks coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in line to get one. I'd have one already if I could. I don't even know what a worry crystal is so.....As far as the dreads, I used to have some in my younger days and might have them now if the Service would let me grow my hair out.

As far is Saddam. He did not have the means. He may have had the intent but you can say that about a lot of other nations such as North Korea and Iran that definitely have the means and also have the intent. I agree there is a need for war but there was no need for this war. As far as hating, I hate everybody equally so nobody will feel special. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. firefighter184

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in line to get one. I'd have one already if I could. I don't even know what a worry crystal is so.....As far as the dreads, I used to have some in my younger days and might have them now if the Service would let me grow my hair out.

As far is Saddam. He did not have the means. He may have had the intent but you can say that about a lot of other nations such as North Korea and Iran that definitely have the means and also have the intent. I agree there is a need for war but there was no need for this war. As far as hating, I hate everybody equally so nobody will feel special. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am an equal opportunity hater. I just hate some more than others, depending on the day... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif