Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

News from Iraq and Kuwait

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyhs, Aug 29, 2003.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

While out here on an all expense paid vacation (deployment for 5 months so far) to Iraq I've counted 3 K5's and too many Subs to even try to guess at. One of the K5's was a first gen too! In Kuwait I have seen 1 K5 and even more Subs. Most of the Subs are used for taxis in Iraq. I've taken some pics of the Subs out here. I'll try to post them when I get back home. Sorry I didn't get any of the K5's, they were just too far and few.

I can't wait to get home. My Sub has only been driven about 3 times since I've been gone. I tried talking the wife into driving it down to the base when I get home but she wont do it. She also said something about the cracked windshield and the leaking tranny too. She just doesn't understand that those are character traits.

I've seen the internet a couple of times out here and everytime I check this site I feel like I'm getting left behind on my wheelin trips and my upgrades. I don't feel like I'll ever be able to catch up. I don't think there's anyway to make Moab this year and I already missed the Rubicon and Hollister trip I was planning on accomplishing this year. I'm going to set my sights on the Rubicon next summer. I plan on leaving some red paint on the con while I'm doing my "wheel base thing!"/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

Anyway, see you guys soon
    Semper Fi

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Welcome back! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Richard,
    Great to hear from you, the SO CAL BIG DAWGS want you to get your ars back so we can wheel together... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm not back yet. I'm hoping to be back next month. We'll see what happens between now and then.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI just realized I'm blue! Have I been gone that long?

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Can't wait until you return, you still owe me a trip out to Coral Canyon with your Sub! Hows it feel to be a bluebie again?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hey, we've seen some of your wheelin pics from over there......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

By the way, thanks for what you are doing and stay safe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Hi Rich! Glad you're OK! Think of you often. Looking forward to having you back. And hey, we'll wheel that sub for ya.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can't wait to get home. My Sub has only been driven about 3 times since I've been gone. I tried talking the wife into driving it down to the base when I get home but she wont do it. She also said something about the cracked windshield and the leaking tranny too. She just doesn't understand that those are character traits.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm sure I can speak for the majority, if not everyone here.
    We're pullin' for all of you guys out there, most of all our CK5 brothers.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I feel you man. Im out here on the Carl Vinson. We just got word that we were going home soon. At first we thought we were gonna be out here for 10 1/2 months but they cut it short. Weve been deployed since January. Although we dont have it half as bad as you guys. Hang in there and you'll be home soon.

Good luck
    Nick

10. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome back! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I have to tell you guys about this fake beer they tried to feed us. It was some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted. You would think that when It's up to 140 degres out in the sun and 130 in the shade anything that even remotely tasted like beer would be good. This stuff was so bad that we tossed all of it in the burn pit and watched the cans blow up. Don't worry too much, this is the Marine Corps. We found beer eventually. I don't know what countries the stuff came from but it pretty good.

Thanks for all the support.

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Hey man, I feel ya on that NA beer crap. I tried one or 2 in April when I was at Tallil Air base in Iraq. I'll stick to water thank you very much

13. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

when you come back to the "real world" and try to pick up where youve been go easy on yourself brother.. many people wont understand,,, but alot of us do...
    thanks
    semper fi /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif