Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

News media and modern reporting are awesome!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 6, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

OK - what happened? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Triumph is the funniest damn puppet ever... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif </font color>

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nothin, just generally annoyed at every other channel having every other word be "9/11". The funny thing is, I saw a field of empty chairs today, and that moved me more than 300 documentarys have.

I'm just fed up with these a-holes. Ever hear of West Nile Virus? The statistics against it claiming more than 20 vistims this year are staggering, yet every channel that mentions it acts like it's the next aids epidemic being carried by every mosquito on earth.

I get irritated watching retarded news talk shows interviewing 9/11 victims/survivors, when the host has to get her name in there a dozen times.

Don Henley said it best. "We love dirty laundry".

Whoops, gotta run, Ashley Banfield is in somalia right now.

And yes, triumph is pretty friggin funny!!

5. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

hey ratch put the kid's to bed crack open a bottle of wine and snuggle with the bride, that should help you unwind. got my new gears done the truck is runnin perfect. no more noise or clunk when i gas it at the green light. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Ever hear of West Nile Virus?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hell - that's ALL we've been hearing (or reading) down here for the last three weeks!
    For cryin' out loud - GET A GRIP !!!!!!!! Only really OLD FRAIL people and real little
    SICKLY KIDS can gt it ! Alright already!!! The chances of getting it are about as remote
    as getting Lyme Disease. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

But I hear ya on the media - a band from the eighties called The Talking Heads had
    an album (a 12" circular plastic disc used for mass reproducing recorded music) called
    "Stop Making Sense" - hit the nail on the head with that one! So did Don Henley!

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Found this by accident!! I was looking at Ollie Norths book at Amazon, and this was 3 or 4 "if you like this book, you'll love.." books down from it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895261901/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/002-6979138-4096839?v=glance&amp;s=books

Hey Jack, glad to hear about the gears! You forgot to call me back last month, dude! I wanted to pick your brain for gun info!! BTW, I'll be crackin' a mike iced tea in about five minutes, then kicking back and watching some MSNBC or Fox News...

8. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> I agree whole heartedly with you on this one !....They talk about the plane crash with a gleem in their eye ...........It's just sick !....I feel the same things that everybody else does about 911, but I get so pissed with the 6 hour long stories they put together each and every day .....ratings is what it is for them !!! .....I hate the media !</font color>

10. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Here is my best attemp to quote what the media told us about a local story you probably heard about, but won't get into it here....

"We will not speculate what the FBI is looking for, but speculation is that they will be digging up the concrete slab".

IN THE SAME SENTANCE GUYS!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hmph. CNN this moring asked "What's your opinion of how the media is handling 9/11?" The first email called them vipers or vultures or something, the next said 2 weeks of programming on every channel wasn't necessary, then the next was frm the anchors wife saying she still liked seeing all the coverage. There was one email asking how many times they planned to replay the disaster, and the answer was 3 times, I'll admit I'm impressed at that.

I'm a little burnt on being pissed, now I'm just tired of it.

12. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

POPULAR news media and modern reporting SUCKS

BUT there is good stuff out there, you've just gotta look past the papers and especially network/major cable news programs...
    /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif