Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Next Issue

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yohinan, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Well for those that read my first issue that I couldnt solve here is my next. This is again regarding the rear axle on a 95 Suburban K1500. I am putting things back together and the original axle seal that NAPA sold me was completely off. Just sat in the axle housing with no press fit. The next one they gave me and that is the last one they list for my truck will fit but I am concerned with one issue and I am not sure if I need to be or not. The flange that flares out rather than going completely inside the axle housing like the one I pulled out, this one does not. The lip/flange is so big that I will have to press it into the axle housing but the flange will sit on the other most portion of the axle housing (against the edge of the housing) because the lip is too large to go inside. Is this normal and the parts industry has just started making these axle seals like this or do I need to keep searching for one that completely sits inside the axle housing? Thanks again for all the help. John

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

now that you know how to pull the shafts in 10 minutes flat, go for it.... the seal should work if it doesn't call a store other than NAPA but in my experience NAPA has been the best at cross referencing parts

Once again, I hope this helps