Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Next Meet & Greet?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by thedrip, Nov 7, 2005.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

Seeing as how my bright ass yellow truck is painted... I figure its about time for a meet & greet... something like the 18th or 19th? C'mon guys.. someone has to see this truck that will appreciate it.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well , looks like wheeling that weekend . Wanna wheel :D

3. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I'd love to wheel... but theres 100% chance I'd break down in some way, and I dont have a driveshaft... So if everyone will put up with me breaking, not knowing how to drive, and strapping me over everything (or loan me a front driveshaft thats about an inch longer than stock) Sure!

4. pauly383

How much lift , I am still on the stock shaft ( with exhaust droop limiter hehe ) and have yet to yank it out with 4 inch lift .

You 8 lug ? 14bff wont break , and if you are 10 bolt front , I got your back .

Don't have to do the hard trail . I was going to run some easy stuff if a few of us have sheetmetal , so the big boys can play ( until my garage queens tubed ) :D

5. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I don't have a spare d/s that longer but willing to help lengthen yours. All I did was cut it and sleeve it with some DOM. I've actually had to cut the welds off and lengthen it a second time due to more modifications. Cost less then $10 for 1 ft of 1.75x.120 DOM and SW steel. Someone might even have a 6 inch section that's scrape they'd be willing to donate. Dunno.

Mike

6. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

If my shaft was useable, but short, I could fix that.. lets just say it got well abused. Seems like it had been riding with the CV joint maxed out and clicking at rideheight for some time, and it was a fulltime truck when I got it.

It's an eaton/d44 setup. I'm not so worried about axles breaking as I am about the motor not running right or the tranny puking enough fluid that it won't work anymore. It's still being sorted out. And my steering interferes a bit on compression on the drivers side. I used the ford 1104 arm, and it gets into my histeer arm, I'm gunna pick up a shorter jeep pitman arm soon.

I think realistically its just damned irresponsible to try and run a trail, especially with guys I don't really know. It'll be a huge nuisance to everyone, and I hate the guy that breaks all the time, so I aint gunna be him.

7. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I will be kicking around thursday friday (my days off this week) if someone wants to come and help try and dull the edges so to speak. I don't have a clear idea of what I need to do anymore. Its kind of all nitpicky. I really really need to rewire it too, but can't afford a harness just yet. (Keep in mind I'm also moving to hawaii in 8 weeks)

8. pauly383

Well , its all right . Make it work right first . I may not even wheel myself , if only a coupel guys show up again . Just really going to for the company , to relax , and listen to the stories :D

9. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

:mad: If I didnt have to work Satuday night I'd definitely go... damn this work thing