Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Next planned upgrade to my stereo system.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

About the only thing lacking in my system. Like I really need it, LOL. But I think it'll be nice. I guess I want a CD changer because I've never had one. I think it would be cool because everything will be controled through my headunit. I can get this unit new for under two hundred buck. It's a 2005 model. It holds 6 CD's.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Do it . I want everything I possible can hook up to mine too . I am looking at a changer that plays mp3's , wma's , and attrac natively . Load up all my music at once and be done with it . This is the year I think I finally do my interior too :D

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm kind of limited on choices. My Clarion headunit uses thier CeNET cable so I have too use a CD changer that's compatible with CeNET. The DCZ625 is the only one I've found so far for CeNET headunits. But the good news is all the reviews I've read on it have been positive.

5. pauly383

cool . Now can you daisy chain it with your Sirius tuner box ?

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, the Sirius box has a in and out plugs for the CeNET cables. It's basicly a plug and play system. CeNet cable from headunit to Sirius unit, and another CeNet cable from the Sirius unit to the CD changer. The Sirius unit is powered off the CeNET cable, no power wires too hook up. I'm not sure if the CD changer is set up the same way or not. If there's room, I'd like too mount the CD changer under the passenger seat. http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2006/audio/changers/changers/DCZ625/us-en-product-pf_1134643560616.html

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So does that changer play MP3s?

I am in the process of evaluating new systems for the K5 and a motorhome. Just got Sirius set up in the house, ready to do the cars now and wondering if you think that Sirius sunit you have is worth it.... PM me if this is too much of a hijack.

10. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i think an mp3 player is better, no skipping, parts to clean from a dusty trail, tons less space, no wires to run, holds WAY more music, can hook up to any head unit with an adapter, take it with you jogging:) costs about the same, just my 2 cents

11. 2Dogs

If you use the changer does that then exclude the use of an MP3 player? I think I will go the MP3 player so I can easily switch vehicles.

Ultimately I would like a FULL Nav/MP3 unit with back up camera ports to switch between moho and K5. 2 probs with that - apparently nobody still makes slide out decks (had an old pioneer that did this) and the portable Nav and GPS units do not have accessory ports. I would love it if you prove me wrong :wink1::D

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Depends on your headunit. My headunit also has aux inputs. if you want, check out >>>>>> http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2005/audio/source_units/cd/DXZ945MP/us-en-product-pf_1133851137416.html

13. 2Dogs

Z3PR - did you see me questions about Sirius a few posts up?

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I only have it in the car, but like it alot. Is the unit you have in the house one of those that can be used in both the house and car ?? If so, that probley would be the cheaper way too go. I went with [​IMG] just because my headunit is Sirius ready. I like not having any extra units on the dash. In all honesty, I mostly got it so my mother can liston to FOX NEWS in the car. Gotta keep mom happy ya know.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you put one more cool and expensive piece fo equipment in that car, I'm going to drive up and steal it.:D

16. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Clarion.... nice choice.

17. 2Dogs

I have the JVC KT-SR2000 - works with the KS-K6013 for home and KS xxxxx for car. (number soon)

Trying the car unit (FM broadcast type unit) right now to see if it is something I can live with or do I need to go Sirius ready headunit. Will report back in a bit ;)

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, isn't that what full coverage insurence is for ?? LOL. Where I park is right next too a window where I sleep, under a bright light, + motion light, + nosey neighbors. I do plan on a high quality alarm very soon !!!!!! One thing I like about this set up, it looks all factory except the red blinking light on the dash when the face is removed from the stereo. The Kappa's are hidden behind factory speaker grills, and everything in the trunk is bolted down. But yeah, it is pretty kewl too have. All the factory stereo equipment has been replaced with much better audio equipment. It's not the best stuff in the world, but I'm pretty happy with the way it sounds.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thank you. When I needed too replace my JVC KD-LX50, I looked at a few different headunits. The Clarion DXZ945MP fit my needs the best. 3 sets of RCA outs and 1 set of RCA ins for a AUX. Plus the CeNET system makes it very nice for expantion. The DXZ945MP has more settings, features, and options then most more expencive headunits. Suprisingly, it's not that hard too adjust once you learn it. Heck, I've even learned how too adjust the HP and LP crossovers. I think the Clarion's and JVC's are a couple of the best values on the market today. You get alot for your money.

20. pauly383

My deck is an mp3 player , in dash . All my music is in mp3 on 8 discs currently .

They do not skip , the mp3 file is cached , it can't skip :D