Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Next purchase?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NightRider, Aug 18, 2003.

1. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

I just completed the lift and tires. I have a winch mount but no winch. I have half ton axles w/ 36" IROKS. What should I start building towards getting, going 3/4 ton w/ new gears? Winch? I know most of its preference but what do u guys think.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id say axles. speacially if you wheel it any.

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

If you are on 36's and you wheel... I'd either do GEARS (4.56's are real nice for that combo) or I would just buy axles already setup with good gears. Just my .02!

Have you done any bracing on your steering box? That has to be one of the BEST things I've done to my truck to date. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

4. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got my eyes peeled for some axles for ya! You needed the axles I just sold from under my truck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am thinkin 14B rear for sure and a 44 front, that is unless I can get my hands on another 60 like mine. Those would be the ticket in your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Later,
    Bushwhacker
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif