Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Next Trail Run or Event?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Tweetysuarus, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Hey what will be the next major trail run or event this year and where? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Moab at the end of Aug. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Or yall could come over here and play on the rocks with me later this month or early next /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I got a spot all picked out for a small run.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I pm'ed dan about that Adopt-a-trail I would like to see this trail and maybe check it out for the day...I knew there was some intrest when last we chated about doing it.So we shall see what he has to offer on the trail thing..
    I am also down for a trip chris's way I have never been that way chris,how much body damage we talking ...LOL We all don't have the flexy flex that springer gives us..LOL /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    P.S I am trying to get a trip for us non-moab people together will post more later...This is the trail I was thinking about But like I said there are people that are going to moab and stuff to get done in the mean time..so that makes it harder for people to go
    Trail

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Let's set something up for the middle of Aug for the adopt a trail.. I know a lot of the guys going to Moab won't be able to make it But we can go check it out... We can see if Kevin and Stacey wouldn't mind showing us the way.. I have a pretty good idea about it But I believe they have been on it.. And when we check it out it comes out about 5 miles from the trail I wanted to show you guys...Dan

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Do you want to make it a day or weekend thing .My vote is for a weekend trip gives us time to play on the trails up there... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It is what ever everybody wants to do.. Dan

7. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

Lets make it a weekend trip! then we can go to the rim trail and play on the rock pile. i will be there just let me know when. the rig is hitting the rocks this friday for the first time in three years. i cant wait.

jeff

8. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Can you get us some info on the campgrounds or placeses to stay at please....mike /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

There is plenty of places to camp behind long barn. there is herring creek got some good fishing there too.
    jeff

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am perrty much booked for the summer /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I have family stuff and Moab to pull off so this year I am not as available as I would like. Moab is gonna be the biggest trip I have ever made! I figure 200 gallons of gas minimum to get there and back. Do the math, I bee broke! But it's a good kinda broke! Not only that my vacation time at work is very thin........
    Anyway the adopt a trail thing I hope to make just a day trip for me, if I can go at all.....

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

try not to do it on the weekend of the 17th...another calrocs event is goin on in september (you prob got the e-mail too) and there is a mandatory meeting on aug 17th..in the sacramento area..so that weekend is no good /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

At Blazer-fest there were a couple of guy's talking about another Hollister run. Also a Pismo run.. or was I too wasted and hearing things?

13. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

What were you hearin' UYB, tire weights bouncing off your fenders? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Nah that was today...Fawkin tires!!! Grrrr...

15. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

I'm down!!! Just let me know when I would prefer a date in August but I'll try and work anything I can in my schedule. Just keep me advised....

Barbastard

16. Priest

Priest Registered Member

Some friends/family and I are going to be camped up sourgrass trail for a couple of weeks the first part of August. We are planning a run up the Deer Valley trail and possibly Slickrock trail as well. If you haven't ever run these trails before they are moderate. In a full size I would say that if your running 33's you can probably expect a dent. If your bigger than that you should be able to get through OK. I would reccomend some armor though. If anyone is interested I can work some dates and times....that is if you don't mind sharing a trail with one of those pesky POS Toyotas...

Here is a good write up on Deer Valley if anyone is interested...

http://www.wt4wheeling.com/deervalley-0915011.htm

17. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

That looks like a fun place /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

wow thos look like my kind of trails /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Priest, I'm interested can I go?

20. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner