Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nice 88 Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Apr 18, 2004.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I found a really sweet 88 jimmy today. 96K original miles, white with grey interior. Looks like factory with nothing modified. Old man and his wife own it, and she can't get in it anymore so they are selling it. Nice truck, but he want 7500 bucks. Too much I think, but it's a really nice truck.

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

WAY too much. I think bluebook on mine(87) is like $3800.

Nick

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

What if I could talk him down to 5K? I could do a printout from Kelley's blue book and show it to him. Maybe I could talk some sense into the old guy. I bought the 1980 trans am recently and it reminds me of that, which has only 36k miles. Something about old vehicles that are mint, just makes me want to buy them.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

acording to kbb, with quite a few options its worth $3065 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I got 3240 with KBB in excellent conditon, basically best case. So, if I met the guy right down the middle, that would be $5370. Maybe he'll take sub 5K. I look in the autotrader and there is nothing worth looking at for sub 5K.