Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nice kids trip.......needed.

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Mreetz, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Whats a good day trip in the Denver area to take the kids and wife on? I've got 4 kids, 1,3,5,7. Installed an Aerostar bench seat in the back of my K-5 so we can all go now.

Thanks!

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well im not in colorado but i stayed out there for awhile.. there is a town about an hour west of denver.. its called silverthorne... exit silverthorne/dillion.. its the exit for stuff like breakenridge.. they have a huge maze there.. and if you go when there isnt snow up there then they have this slide things that halls ass.. you can also go up to loveland pass... really nice area around there.. alot of see... dont know how much fun your youngest would have there but you and your wife (probably the 7 yr old also) would have a blast...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Thanks, we were just up in that area a couple weeks ago. We were on our way to Steamboat Springs for a short vaca.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

4. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Best thing is to go to Barnes and Noble and get Colorado 4x4 trails book I think Vol 2 is the central Colorado area. If you want something real easy they will have it in there, but Breckenridge area has a lot of trails that will take you over the continental divide and drop you off on 285 for a short trip back to Denver.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

5. boo399

boo399 Registered Member

Highlander and I are going sat. around boulder for a little ride. don't know if the kids like to ride around but mine does. See front range trip on the forum. rob

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Hello Mreetz
    I would say a very good book to get is the books that the colorado 4wd Ac. They have books one though four the last time I looked anyway. I think that just about every trail is in them. As for some quick ideas you cant go wrong with the area around idaho springs / Blackhawk. Or down by Deckers.
    Boo399 and I are going to meet at the loaf and jug at 9:00am on saturday if you would like to go. Oh this site isn't to bad for loking up trails http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com