Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nice little rant and rave about Arizona

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Me89'Jimmy, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

ok so I just moved down to tucson from maryland to go to the university here and may i just say this place should be considered a mecca. literally thousands of the hottest college girls in the country, playboy rates it # 1 so its not just my opinion. every other vehicle is a jacked up blazer yota or jeep, and a good percentage of the time there is a gorgeous blonde behind the wheel. the gas is cheap, the weather and scenery are top notch AND, they sell beer in the grocery stores! i f*ckin love it out here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    they sell beer in the grocery stores!

[/ QUOTE ] They do that everywhere I've lived.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Drive the 2 hours up here to the Valley of the Sun and check out the girls here . I can't leave the house ( my neighbors have a HOT HOT HOT daughter ) without seeing a bazillion of em . They're everywhere /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I love AZ and can't wait to go back. Hopefully I'll get my transfer by next year and my wife and I can sell our condo here and pay cash for a custom home in Yuma. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Brand new house and no mortgage would be an awesome situation

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the weather and scenery are top notch AND, they sell beer in the grocery stores! i f*ckin love it out here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be smoking the crack pipe, saying in AUGUST the weather rocks.............. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Disclaimer - I lived there 8 years and won't ever again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Tucson must have really grown since the first time I went there. I went camping and wheeling in Tucson back in 1977, and the place was just a dusty little desert town. Back then it only had two exits off the I-10, there where only about 6 or 7 paved roads, and the rest of them where dirt. They only had one grocery store, two gas stations, and a Dairy Queen. It was probably no more than a dozen blocks from one end of the town to the other.

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Let me see if I've translated this correctly.....

[ QUOTE ]
    ok so I just moved down to tucson from maryland to go to the university here and may i just say this place should be considered a mecca. literally thousands of the hottest college girls in the country, playboy rates it # 1 so its not just my opinion. every other vehicle is a jacked up blazer yota or jeep, and a good percentage of the time there is a gorgeous blonde behind the wheel. the gas is cheap, the weather and scenery are top notch AND, they sell beer in the grocery stores! i f*ckin love it out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRANSLATION: I need to get my ass to Tuscon?

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    AND, they sell beer in the grocery stores! i

[/ QUOTE ] not after 1am /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif thats one thing i didnt like about livin in PHX coming from vegas im not used to "closing times".

9. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

They sell liquor in convenience stores too!

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I never got the whole "special stores for liquor" thing. In CA you can buy liquor, beer and wine all at just about any grocery store, many convenience stores, Costco (cheap!), pretty much all over the place. You can't buy after 2am, but if you have to buy after 2am then you either have a problem or you didn't plan ahead. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    AND, they sell beer in the grocery stores! i

[/ QUOTE ] not after 1am /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif thats one thing i didnt like about livin in PHX coming from vegas im not used to "closing times".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you're only 20 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Last call is gonna get changed to 2am soon. They have beer at some pizza places too.